Polar Circus

David_Parker

Retrosaurus and I climbed Polar Circus yesterday along with 2 other friends up here in Canada. Did the first pitch by headliamp and then had a beautiful sunny day. Only one other party below us on a Saturday! Topped out around 11:00. Enjoyed the rest of the bluebird day scoping all the awesome alpine routes all the way to Mt Kitchner. Curtain call was looking way scary, but ssaw some climbers doing a really skinny pillar. Slipstream is also looking sweet!

Also went into the Ghost. Other than minor navigational errors, we made it no problem in a Forester with chains on all 4 wheels. Mitch did an impressive lead on very technical ice on the Ice Funnel. Sorcerer and Hydro are in.

So, what are you doing down in warm Washington? Gotta go get in the hot-tub now. The girls are here!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems everyone ends up with there own GHOST story eventually. After returning from our climb in the Ghost and consulting the guide book, we figured out we climbed Marion Falls, not the Ice Funnel!.

Sorry, no photos boys and girls. You'll have to come up and see for yourselves.

Yeah the 1st time I climbed Polar, we got avied on way high above the pencil and got the fuck outta there. The 2nd time we topped out and on the way down every one of our footsteps was burried, but we didn't see any avy. Also the slope after the pencil was creaking like a old wooden floor! I'll wear my elf shoes if I do slipstream.

No elbowing. We were there first. But three Frenchie mtn guides from Chamonix were on the way up when we were going down. Nice guys, but apparently unaware of accepatable North American sanitation practices, having left us a gift of two papered piles of excrement on the parkway beside our car. A breach of etiquette that I was unable to fully appreciate until one of our party stepped squarely in it. blush.gifyelrotflmao.gif

That was the automatic impulse, but I resisted. Had I been the one with the fouled footwear, I would have without a second thought.

Once I went in to climb Liberty Crack and a climber from the party in front of us, from one pitch up, craps in a bag and wings it off. For reasons that I won't get into, we did not complete the route. But upon descending to the base and again encountering the offensive "air-mail", I packed it out to the road and skewered it on the author's automobile antenna with a note: "I believe this is yours".

fruit.gif

Retrosaurus said:

Once I went in to climb Liberty Crack and a climber from the party in front of us, from one pitch up, craps in a bag and wings it off. For reasons that I won't get into, we did not complete the route. But upon descending to the base and again encountering the offensive "air-mail", I packed it out to the road and skewered it on the author's automobile antenna with a note: "I believe this is yours".

fruit.gif

LMAO yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif ..... that's classic .... well done bigdrink.gif