• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
layton

best of cc.com Big Four Spindrift Couloir TR

Dru said:

The Chossfields Parkway is not in BC. It is an Albertan project designed and built by BC slave labour!

LOL...yes, true true. I was just referring to that wonderful access in Canada as a whole grin.gif

Oh well...off to ski lotsa powder now. rockband.gif

For those that care... Over beers Bart, Matt, Mike and I discussed the whole Spindrift thing... Bart apparently issued the now infamous "correction" because to the best of his recollection, when we topped out we were very close to the westermost highpoint. If this were true than we could not have done the super prominant coulior which terminates close to the low point between the summit and the hight point to the west. However, after discussing recent ascents it is very clear that everyone has climbed the same line, the obvious one, not the verticle bushwack to the right.

bigdrink.gif

and what was the consensus re: "dogging the &@#*< out of it" and downgrading? boxing_smiley.gifyellaf.gif

membership in that fan club is currently open only to eligible females. any Ms. Natural out there may apply....send photo of qualifications. wink.gif

Actually, you could have topped out to the right. When Dan and I did the climb, we took a right-forking couloir about 300 feet below the summit ridge and it topped out close to that right-most peak.

Dru-why don't you go "stir the pot" in Spray.

mattp said:

Actually, you could have topped out to the right. When Dan and I did the climb, we took a right-forking couloir about 300 feet below the summit ridge and it topped out close to that right-most peak.

Dru-why don't you go "stir the pot" in Spray.

i resist and deconstruct your patriarchal attempts at ghettoization tongue.gif

Yo, Natural. Don't sweat it. The answer is "A AND B," not "A OR B." The most obvious gully-- that is the deepest spindrift trough, actually was the one that trended rightward. At the time, we could see that we were indeed taking a "fork" in the sense that we could have continued more straight up, and the parties that followed us a few days later took a more straight up finish because, I think, the way we took looked as if it might lead to a greater cornice problem. Like they say -- "it's all good" (at least as long as you top out and then find your way back down again in one piece).

Somebody better call Nelson and stop the presses.

He was supposed to email me, but never got around to it.

I don't know him, so I'll leave it to someone who does.

Jason, I know your reading this. Put what you want in your guidebook, not what nelson did. that way you, Nelson, and Kearney can have the contradictory triumverate of guidebooks on big 4. Confuse the hell outta the folks from California..haha!

Bumping this for some winter stoke!!!

Oh yeah notes to self:

1. Don't go down the south side.

2. Have friends and family wait an extra day before calling in the calvary.

3. If anything happens expect the media to the get the story all fugged up.