Big Four Spindrift Couloir TR

layton

Dru said:

The Chossfields Parkway is not in BC. It is an Albertan project designed and built by BC slave labour!

LOL...yes, true true. I was just referring to that wonderful access in Canada as a whole grin.gif

Oh well...off to ski lotsa powder now. rockband.gif

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that care... Over beers Bart, Matt, Mike and I discussed the whole Spindrift thing... Bart apparently issued the now infamous "correction" because to the best of his recollection, when we topped out we were very close to the westermost highpoint. If this were true than we could not have done the super prominant coulior which terminates close to the low point between the summit and the hight point to the west. However, after discussing recent ascents it is very clear that everyone has climbed the same line, the obvious one, not the verticle bushwack to the right.

bigdrink.gif

Actually, you could have topped out to the right. When Dan and I did the climb, we took a right-forking couloir about 300 feet below the summit ridge and it topped out close to that right-most peak.

Dru-why don't you go "stir the pot" in Spray.

mattp said:

Actually, you could have topped out to the right. When Dan and I did the climb, we took a right-forking couloir about 300 feet below the summit ridge and it topped out close to that right-most peak.

Dru-why don't you go "stir the pot" in Spray.

i resist and deconstruct your patriarchal attempts at ghettoization tongue.gif

Yo, Natural. Don't sweat it. The answer is "A AND B," not "A OR B." The most obvious gully-- that is the deepest spindrift trough, actually was the one that trended rightward. At the time, we could see that we were indeed taking a "fork" in the sense that we could have continued more straight up, and the parties that followed us a few days later took a more straight up finish because, I think, the way we took looked as if it might lead to a greater cornice problem. Like they say -- "it's all good" (at least as long as you top out and then find your way back down again in one piece).

Somebody better call Nelson and stop the presses.

He was supposed to email me, but never got around to it.

I don't know him, so I'll leave it to someone who does.

Jason, I know your reading this. Put what you want in your guidebook, not what nelson did. that way you, Nelson, and Kearney can have the contradictory triumverate of guidebooks on big 4. Confuse the hell outta the folks from California..haha!

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 years later...