Tim Olson

wayne

As a friend and patna of his, and as a climber......We all owe him thanks over reprinting his classic Portland Rock Climbs!

He really didnt want to redo it.

He left out stuff, and added some.

Does anyone know where the Mystery Route is , in his first edition?

I would love to hear some polite reveiws of his work.

Heres to you Tim..... bigdrink.gif

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know where the Mystery Climb is. I always figured you for the FA, Wayne, or did I hear that wrong? I love Tim too much be to objective about the book, but the book of backcountry climbs that he never published is still my favorite. Sure wish he could ski on those knees of his.

Here's to climbing with you, Tim! bigdrink.gif

I heard from someone who heard from someone else who heard from a friend of their's that we're all wacko. What was the point?

I agree that his hand-drawn topos often leave much to the imagination but thats part of the adventure to climbing. The fantasy drawings are not to my taste but its his book to do with as he sees fit. I've yet to see a guidebook that was perfect to all people.

I think he's done a great job. I hope someone steps up and starts working on the next update since he's not likely to pony up again and its a tremendous amount of work.

If Tim is wacko, I will take wacko.

I wouldnt even be alive if Tim Hadnt jumped and grabbed my lead rope as I was was falling by, looking at an unbelayed 400+' fall. he stopped me after bouncing at 60' and going anther 20 before his hands gripped the rope with his bare hands. THis was amazing. I only broke a wrist. A broken bolt and his hands saved my moon.gif