cc.com hax0red

JoshK

Just went to the front page and saw this:

"DEFACED by TEAM 1337.ro

25 Feb 2003

Defaced by Dragos from TEAM 1337.ro ! Greets to Zamo, LaCroix, flcaza and the rest of the crew ! Also to Tartar and LaStUnEl from undernet ! Oh yes and also to dork laugh.gifDD To admins: put a pass on the admin dir to fix this !!! This deface was done also to protest againts the terrorists all over the world !!! And a mesage: " Let's have a Counterstrike game so We, the Cstrike team, can smash your fucking beduin asses !!! " Also fuck Saddam and Usama !! I Hope the FBI and CIA will get us Usama !!! But also we want peace in the world so we protest also against the new-to-come Gulf War !!! Make Peace not WAr !! AAh yeah ...and also Hack the world !!!"

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well duh, that's actually a pretty benevolent crack. I mean, all they do is deface the front page and tell the admins how to prevent the sploit? Or did they really... did you guys check for any new backdoors on the server? Did these guys get root? Are there backups of the bboard database somewhere safe? If so then the only damage they can really do is use the server for mounting DDOS or as a worm incubator, and eventually costing you a bit of time to set everything up from scratch.

iain said:

check this out: http://www.newnet.ro/list.php?f=8

although this does appear to be the work of a script kiddie, i have reason to believe that the perp is among us.

anyhow, thanks for the kind reminder to use .hcaccess, just forgot to do it.

this was only a bbs related hack, not one that gained root access to the web server or anything of the sort. Geek_em8.gif