Skiing Specialization Chart

wayne

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not to raise the question of whats *better*, but Telemark should not be on the chart. Telemark describes a form of skiing or a binding, not a subdiscipline (since I can do Super G, freestyle, Extreme Descents etc on telemark, downhill or AT gear, ....you get the picture)

What about glissading? Y'know, butt, boots, crampons, trashbag, etc...

Shouldn't lift skiing be broken into green circles, blue squares and black diamonds? Groomed, not groomed, off piste (I learned that term just today biggrin.gif ), manmade snow, out of bounds, moguls, crap, rocks, twigs, ice? hahaha.gif

chucK said:

What about glissading? Y'know, butt, boots, crampons, trashbag, etc...

Shouldn't lift skiing be broken into green circles, blue squares and black diamonds? Groomed, not groomed, off piste (I learned that term just today biggrin.gif ), manmade snow, out of bounds, moguls, crap, rocks, twigs, ice? hahaha.gif

Those are variations rather than separate and distinct sports

JoshK said:

traversing across the whole run is always a favorite of mine, but it doesn't hold a candle to the "falling leaf" technique of placing your board sideways and plowing down a steep slope taking all the snow with ya. rolleyes.gif

Not all us knuckledraggers pull this shit, but newbies will be newbies. I've definately seen newbie skiiers snowplow/sideslip their share of hills they're not ready for (like me at 11 tongue.gif)

And Wayne, what about the missing link from snowboarding to the backcountry and adventure?? Jeesh

dummy said:

JoshK said:

traversing across the whole run is always a favorite of mine, but it doesn't hold a candle to the "falling leaf" technique of placing your board sideways and plowing down a steep slope taking all the snow with ya. rolleyes.gif

Not all us knuckledraggers pull this shit, but newbies will be newbies. I've definately seen newbie skiiers snowplow/sideslip their share of hills they're not ready for (like me at 11 tongue.gif)

And Wayne, what about the missing link from snowboarding to the backcountry and adventure?? Jeesh

True true...but the one thing that I have noticed is that beginning skiers are more limited in the terrain they can ride/ruin. Beginning snowboarders can pretty much tear up steep and deep on their second day using the patented falling leaf technique wink.gif

i still think it is soooo funny how everyone hates everyone else. even though the point is to have fun. i mean everyone.

bad attitudes and a not me train of thought accross the board.

any person cryinf about lift service skiing...is well um deserving of everything they get. and at $50 a pop, that is an expensive bitching session.

nice work on the chart again wayne!!