• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
AlpineK

Pub Club 2/25

trask said:

Why not call a spade a spade. The reason non-smoking bars suck is because the people that frequent them are fucking pussies and losers and cry baby wankers, and there's no hot biker chicks there.

sadly this is ture... it is hard to find a fun non smoking bar....even in a town where you can't smoke in ANY of the bars.

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

trask said:

Why not call a spade a spade. The reason non-smoking bars suck is because the people that frequent them are fucking pussies and losers and cry baby wankers, and there's no hot biker chicks there.

sadly this is ture... it is hard to find a fun non smoking bar....even in a town where you can't smoke in ANY of the bars.

the biker Betty's dig it when I throw a half pitcher of beer on their tank tops. They squeal and grin and show their tits. hahaha.gif

chucK said:

The reason as to why non-smoking places are loathed by many has been oft stated. Those places usually suck as far as being real bars in terms of criteria other than CO ppm and freedom to suck tar into your lungs. Is perhaps this belief born primarily from our forays to the Blue Star and Pig and Whistle (those places blow!)? Or are non-smoking bars uniformly sucky? I don't really go to bars excepting Pub Club so I don't really know.

I'm cool with trying out a new non-smoking place. I really don't like having to wash my clothes! cantfocus.gif

I think the basic debate is over those that put a non smoking environment first on their list of criteria, and those who feel a nonsmoking bar is a plus but low on their criteria.

I think good atmosphere, reasonable drink/food prices, and decent service are much more important than a nonsmoking environment. In fact I think these criteria trump the no smoke bar.

Look at the Blue Star. Expensive food and beer, sterile atmosphere, and shitty uptight service.

My general feeling is that all nonsmoking bars have these problems.

I think if you smoke haters want to sell the rest of us on a nonsmoking bar then find a place that meet the three criteria above and then emphasize those points when your trying to sell it.

That Cajun place in Redmond wasn't bad. It was smoke-free, the beer and food was good, the waitress was flirtatious, there was a patio in the back where the smokers could lurk, there was a 7-11 next door where those of us with more refined tastes could purchase some party-starters and snacks. There's got to be lots of places like that in Seattle, Tacoma's got quite a few: middle ground between the smoke-filled, sticky-floored sludge pits and the so-called fern bars.

As I mentioned once before.....this should be cause for an expedition. Get your buddies and go on a pub crawl between now and next week. Have a drink at a variety of places and rate them on various criteria.

- Dwayner bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Dwayner said:

That Cajun place in Redmond wasn't bad.

Yeah, except that that place was way pricey and they practice FALSE ADVERTISING on their website.

They advertised cheap drinks late on Tuesday nights, but when I bought a pint, they gouged me for 1.25 more than the advertised price. The bartender just laughed it off (and still charged me the steep price) when I asked him about the special. the_finger.gif

Checked their website today. A month later the non-existent special is still listed. Probably an oversight, but still, they SUCK for that. madgo_ron.gif

glacier said:

What, you guys turning this into a drinking club with a climbing problem, or what?

Firmly established a long time ago.

I don't know that many pubs, maybe finding a suitably located, grungy smoke-free place is pretty hard.

Fern has an idea, except I don't really need the swimming cap because I don't really have much hair grin.gif Maybe icegirl can wear a swimming cap with the biking shorts?

Have we hashed through the idea of settling on one fairly centrally located pub? I can't remember. In some ways that would make things easy, we'd figure out good places to park and not have to worry about driving directions etc. There might also be a slight chance of getting cheaper beer if we show up at the same place regularly?

Why is it that in seattle all NS environments are either brewpubs or alehouses, they always have typical overpriced bar food, and a gereral mood of uptightness?

Is the red door smoke free?

Dave_Schuldt said:

Als goddamit!!!!! I called it at lunchtime!!!! Get your shit together!!!! Too late to change now!!!!!!

Dave_Schuldt said:

fleblebleb said:

You're an asswipe Schuldt.

If you take anything I post on here seriously your........

A challenging contradiction every time.

fleblebleb said:

Allison because she is trying to quit

Correction: I did quit, 39 days ago.

There are a few PCers who smoke, but it has been a practice to go outside, or at least away from our table, to do so.

The Red Door allows smoking in part of the place, and is not ever offensively smoky. I think we would never fit in that place though.

I believe it to now be out collective responsiblity to find and identify some places that fit our criteria:

non- or low-smoking

cheap grub

cheap brew

decent service

enough room for 20 people

Now let's get to work, people! bigdrink.gif

Dave_Schuldt said:

What about that place in Montlake that forest m sugested?

That's one of the choices for next week. bigdrink.gif

AlpineK said:

Dave_Schuldt said:

What about that place in Montlake that forest m sugested?

That's one of the choices for next week. bigdrink.gif

eternalX said:

What about the Attic in Madison Park? or the Wedgewood?

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

wait a minute! this is bullshit, you are already talking about next week's pub club! i don' think so!!

the_finger.gif

i'll be there with a beekeeping smokepot and some old style to keep it real if you wind up at a no smoking joint.