• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
AlpineK

Pub Club 2/25

Trash, after dancing show her how classy you are and take her to Tubs. the_finger.gif

You people redefine the phrase "drinking problem". yelrotflmao.gif

minx said:

why don't you let the news girls pick the location?

Well, someone mentioned D&H...so how about March 4 at D&H?

(You had to know I'd suggest something near KING 5! LOL) bigdrink.gif

I am up with that March 4th idea!! We can take over the downstairs, play pool, darts, and convince the owner to give us happy hour deals all night... wave.gif

What's up with all this talk of next week. Next week is next week. we'll be fighting about that soon.

This week Al's is winning (poll on pg 1) right now.

I'll go to any of those places, but right now I'm going skiing so haha you suckers. wave.gif

Try and figure it out by early afternoon!

iceguy said:

Never said I wanted to get nasty w/Elisa--just want to buy the best reporter in the business a beer. smile.gif

what a nice compliment. we'll be sure to pass it on. we think highly of her too.

trask said:

NEWSTIPS said:

Well, you guys have just ab out talked me into it...for next week.

Now work on getting King5News on board!

tell King5News trask is coming next week.

ok. you've convinced me to stay home and watch "happy days" reruns. hahaha.gif

Thinker said:

Well, thank you. I guess I am warm......

I don't actually know Ruth. RE Karan, I suspect my sources are a bit dated...

to say the least. Karan is now married and living back east. hasn't been here in YEARS (thus the reason newstips doesn't know her.)

I too am impressed that you know the lovely Ruth.

king5news said:

Thinker said:

to say the least. Karan is now married and living back east. hasn't been here in YEARS (thus the reason newstips doesn't know her.)

okay guys we're in, she trusts thinker!

muhahahaha muhahahahaha

bigdrink.gif

So is Al's the final destination? I'll see if I can talk Rodeo into carpooling over....Kevin?

king5news said:

Thinker said:

Just to set the record straight, I DON'T really know Ruth, at least not that I know of. Do you know what I mean?

In any case, I look forward to seeing you'all if you make it this week or next week or somewhere down the line.

Hey, if K5N or NewsTips show up, they can give us the low down on the buildering problems there at the King 5 building. Most importantly, we need to know what the security guard schedule is for outside rounds. It would also be nice to know which window caves to avoid so as to not be seen by the evening shift.

klenke said:

Hey, if K5N or NewsTips show up...

Don't hold your breath, bro. They strike me as loving the male attention with the anonymity that the bbs provides; they won't actually show. If they do, it'll be attention-whore city - no thanks.

Greg_W said:

klenke said:

Don't hold your breath, bro. They strike me as loving the male attention with the anonymity that the bbs provides; they won't actually show. If they do, it'll be attention-whore city - no thanks.

no different then climbing with you.

GregW: "I will put you on belay once you tell me how beautiful I am!" "Call me the Sultan River Queen!" "Yeah baby, this hangin belay is makin this backwoods love monster randi!"

wazzup.gif

erik said:

Greg_W said:

klenke said:

no different then climbing with you.

GregW: "I will put you on belay once you tell me how beautiful I am!" "Call me the Sultan River Queen!" "Yeah baby, this hangin belay is makin this backwoods love monster randi!"

wazzup.gif

blush.gifblush.gifGeek_em8.gif Uh...Erik, you promised to keep that just between us... frown.gifconfused.gif Does this mean we're through? wink.gif

"Don't hold your breath, bro. They strike me as loving the male attention with the anonymity that the bbs provides; they won't actually show. If they do, it'll be attention-whore city - no thanks."

Dude, lighten up.

Of course they're not going to show if you call them names such as you did.

If they show, they show. If they don't, their loss perhaps.

Greg_W said:

klenke said:

A little insecure, eh?

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

shoot why all the negativity. can't it be possible that these gals think you guys are entertaining? shoot if they can get you to buy 'em beer all the better!

I, for one, would like to welcome the King5 gals to participate in Pub Club. It's possible that if they have a better understanding of climbers and climbing they might just be better reporters/editors/newsies in general. It can't hurt to have a couple of media people in our corner when it comes to reporting access issues, fee issues, car prowling at X38, and a host of other things we've all bitched about over the years.

AND....if it turns out they want to climb, too, all the better.

ALs IT IS!!! On 45th in Walingford east of the QFC and Walingford center. Icegirl, we will go the Nickerson when we can sit outside. There is no food at Als, however, there are plenty of places to eat nearby. SEE Y'ALL THERE.

Dave_Schuldt said:

ALs IT IS!!! On 45th in Walingford east of the QFC and Walingford center. Icegirl, we will go the Nickerson when we can sit outside. There is no food at Als, however, there are plenty of places to eat nearby. SEE Y'ALL THERE.

Icegirl; why don't you ride yer bike to pub club?