• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
AlpineK

Pub Club 2/25

Well you can, but then you would be forced to show up. wink.gif

snaf.gif

Edited by AlpineK

AlpineK said:

Well you can, but then you would be forced to show up. wink.gif

snaf.gif

yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif WELL I WANT TO BE THERE... who is getting me a train ticket??? wink.gif

I've got a suggestion, someplace NEW, someplace close-in for city folks yet convenient for east-siders, and best of all, it is within walking distance of my house. It is GRADY'S GRILLHOUSE on 24th Ave East (just south of the Montlake Bridge). grady's web page

- really good food that is reasonably priced (unlike Nickerson

and Dubliner)

- easy access from 520 for folks coming from bellevue

- usually pretty quiet on Thursday nights, so they'd probably

welcome a group. They have several "zones" in the bar, so

it would be pretty easy to take over our own area. GG is

no stranger to loud, sports-oriented crowds, 'cause

lots of city recreational sports teams play on nearby

montlake fields

- pool table, non-smoking

Can a newsie join in? I have to work this coming Tuesday (2/25), but am free the bigdrink.gif following Tuesday night if you guys will promise to be just a little nice to me (and my friend, King5News, if I can convince her to come....)

NEWSTIPS said:

Can a newsie join in? I have to work this coming Tuesday (2/25), but am free the bigdrink.gif following Tuesday night if you guys will promise to be just a little nice to me (and my friend, King5News, if I can convince her to come....)

I thought a Newsie was a paper boy that used to hang out on the corrner and yell "extra extra read all about it" or some such????

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

I thought a Newsie was a paper boy that used to hang out on the corrner and yell "extra extra read all about it" or some such????

Oh, I do plenty of yelling...it's just at co-workers

forrest_m said:

I've got a suggestion, someplace NEW, someplace close-in for city folks yet convenient for east-siders, and best of all, it is within walking distance of my house. It is GRADY'S GRILLHOUSE on 24th Ave East (just south of the Montlake Bridge). grady's web page

and Dubliner)

- usually pretty quiet on Thursday nights, so they'd probably

montlake fields

Forrest has been hanging out with mattp and practicing their strongarm tactics. madgo_ron.gifwink.gif Sounds like a spot worth checking out and close the the freeway for everyone. bigdrink.gifthumbs_up.gif

NEWSTIPS said:

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

Oh, I do plenty of yelling...it's just at co-workers

yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif well when we have important things to say, we must be heard wether any one WANTS to listen or not wink.gifrockband.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif have one for me... I wish I was close enough (sob) cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

Sorry, but the lovely (and married) Elisa Hahn works Tuesday nights. Can I offer you something from the single side of the newsroom?

forrest_m said:

and Dubliner)

- usually pretty quiet on Thursday ???? nights, so they'd probably

montlake fields

I used to live across the street from Grady's. That place was OK. Good burgers and fries. But I think you got an uphill row to hoe Forrest. Grady's is pretty hard to get to from Ballard. wink.gif

How late are they open on Tuesdays?

NEWSTIPS said:

Sorry, but the lovely (and married) Elisa Hahn works Tuesday nights. Can I offer you something from the single side of the newsroom?

ummmm Iceguy is married wink.gif

NEWSTIPS said:

Actually Pub Club is not all about singles meeting singles...in fact, that usually only happens in Erik's dreams. Pub Club includes a number of married/attached folks amongst the hordes of horny (frustrated) singles.

So, SURE, bring the single sided gals along with you! Bring your married folk, too. I'm sure you'll make quite the stir! This may be worth showing up for.......

NEWSTIPS said:

Well, you guys have just ab out talked me into it...for next week.

Now work on getting King5News on board!

We can certainly do that.....What's her email address?

Never said I wanted to get nasty w/Elisa--just want to buy the best reporter in the business a beer. smile.gif

NEWSTIPS said:

Well, you guys have just ab out talked me into it...for next week.

Now work on getting King5News on board!

tell King5News trask is coming next week.

Thinker said:

We can certainly do that.....What's her email address?

Oh, we both check this board daily. Post a public plea or send her a sweet private message.