Pub Club 2/25

AlpineK

Dwayner said:

That Cajun place in Redmond wasn't bad.

Yeah, except that that place was way pricey and they practice FALSE ADVERTISING on their website.

They advertised cheap drinks late on Tuesday nights, but when I bought a pint, they gouged me for 1.25 more than the advertised price. The bartender just laughed it off (and still charged me the steep price) when I asked him about the special. the_finger.gif

Checked their website today. A month later the non-existent special is still listed. Probably an oversight, but still, they SUCK for that. madgo_ron.gif

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glacier said:

What, you guys turning this into a drinking club with a climbing problem, or what?

Firmly established a long time ago.

I don't know that many pubs, maybe finding a suitably located, grungy smoke-free place is pretty hard.

Fern has an idea, except I don't really need the swimming cap because I don't really have much hair grin.gif Maybe icegirl can wear a swimming cap with the biking shorts?

Have we hashed through the idea of settling on one fairly centrally located pub? I can't remember. In some ways that would make things easy, we'd figure out good places to park and not have to worry about driving directions etc. There might also be a slight chance of getting cheaper beer if we show up at the same place regularly?

fleblebleb said:

Allison because she is trying to quit

Correction: I did quit, 39 days ago.

There are a few PCers who smoke, but it has been a practice to go outside, or at least away from our table, to do so.

The Red Door allows smoking in part of the place, and is not ever offensively smoky. I think we would never fit in that place though.

I believe it to now be out collective responsiblity to find and identify some places that fit our criteria:

non- or low-smoking

cheap grub

cheap brew

decent service

enough room for 20 people

Now let's get to work, people! bigdrink.gif

AlpineK said:

Dave_Schuldt said:

What about that place in Montlake that forest m sugested?

That's one of the choices for next week. bigdrink.gif

eternalX said:

What about the Attic in Madison Park? or the Wedgewood?

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

wait a minute! this is bullshit, you are already talking about next week's pub club! i don' think so!!

the_finger.gif