Pub Club 2/25

AlpineK

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinker said:

Well, thank you. I guess I am warm......

I don't actually know Ruth. RE Karan, I suspect my sources are a bit dated...

to say the least. Karan is now married and living back east. hasn't been here in YEARS (thus the reason newstips doesn't know her.)

I too am impressed that you know the lovely Ruth.

king5news said:

Thinker said:

to say the least. Karan is now married and living back east. hasn't been here in YEARS (thus the reason newstips doesn't know her.)

okay guys we're in, she trusts thinker!

muhahahaha muhahahahaha

bigdrink.gif

king5news said:

Thinker said:

Just to set the record straight, I DON'T really know Ruth, at least not that I know of. Do you know what I mean?

In any case, I look forward to seeing you'all if you make it this week or next week or somewhere down the line.

Hey, if K5N or NewsTips show up, they can give us the low down on the buildering problems there at the King 5 building. Most importantly, we need to know what the security guard schedule is for outside rounds. It would also be nice to know which window caves to avoid so as to not be seen by the evening shift.

Greg_W said:

klenke said:

Hey, if K5N or NewsTips show up...

Don't hold your breath, bro. They strike me as loving the male attention with the anonymity that the bbs provides; they won't actually show. If they do, it'll be attention-whore city - no thanks.

no different then climbing with you.

GregW: "I will put you on belay once you tell me how beautiful I am!" "Call me the Sultan River Queen!" "Yeah baby, this hangin belay is makin this backwoods love monster randi!"

wazzup.gif

erik said:

Greg_W said:

klenke said:

Don't hold your breath, bro. They strike me as loving the male attention with the anonymity that the bbs provides; they won't actually show. If they do, it'll be attention-whore city - no thanks.

no different then climbing with you.

GregW: "I will put you on belay once you tell me how beautiful I am!" "Call me the Sultan River Queen!" "Yeah baby, this hangin belay is makin this backwoods love monster randi!"

wazzup.gif

blush.gifblush.gifGeek_em8.gif Uh...Erik, you promised to keep that just between us... frown.gifconfused.gif Does this mean we're through? wink.gif

"Don't hold your breath, bro. They strike me as loving the male attention with the anonymity that the bbs provides; they won't actually show. If they do, it'll be attention-whore city - no thanks."

Dude, lighten up.

Of course they're not going to show if you call them names such as you did.

If they show, they show. If they don't, their loss perhaps.

Greg_W said:

klenke said:

A little insecure, eh?

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

I, for one, would like to welcome the King5 gals to participate in Pub Club. It's possible that if they have a better understanding of climbers and climbing they might just be better reporters/editors/newsies in general. It can't hurt to have a couple of media people in our corner when it comes to reporting access issues, fee issues, car prowling at X38, and a host of other things we've all bitched about over the years.

AND....if it turns out they want to climb, too, all the better.

COL._Von_Spanker said:

Dave_Schuldt said:

ALs IT IS!!! On 45th in Walingford east of the QFC and Walingford center. Icegirl, we will go the Nickerson when we can sit outside. There is no food at Als, however, there are plenty of places to eat nearby. SEE Y'ALL THERE.

Icegirl; why don't you ride yer bike to pub club?

And show up in bike shorts around this gang??? HAH! Perhaps when the weather gets warmer... (kind of like going to the Nickerson)

icegirl said:

And show up in bike shorts around this gang??? HAH! Perhaps when the weather gets warmer... (kind of like going to the Nickerson)

You don't need to wear bike shorts to pub club, just wear some normal pants and roll up the legs, messenger style. If you do wear your bike shorts, I'll wear my full Mapei outfit that Kona gave me.

Here are some models showing off my euro-duds

foto_17_pop.jpg

Thinker said:

I, for one, would like to welcome the King5 gals to participate in Pub Club. It's possible that if they have a better understanding of climbers and climbing they might just be better reporters/editors/newsies in general. It can't hurt to have a couple of media people in our corner when it comes to reporting access issues, fee issues, car prowling at X38, and a host of other things we've all bitched about over the years.

I second this idea. bigdrink.gif

Thinker said:

THANK YOU! The break-in story sounds interesting. We'd love to do it. But, just to be clear, that's not why we're here. We just think you all are fun.

Tonights Pub Club Forcast:

Partly crowded with a chance of news personal, moving to complaining non smokers later in the evening eventually tapering off to hard core drinkers.

Tomorrows forcast is looking like a chance of sprayers, and a 50% chance of a hangover.

Between 7 and 8 is a good time. Just don't show up and then leave; We will show.

If you see a person with a Stihl chainsaw hat you are in the right place.