Pub Club 2/25

AlpineK

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a suggestion, someplace NEW, someplace close-in for city folks yet convenient for east-siders, and best of all, it is within walking distance of my house. It is GRADY'S GRILLHOUSE on 24th Ave East (just south of the Montlake Bridge). grady's web page

- really good food that is reasonably priced (unlike Nickerson

and Dubliner)

- easy access from 520 for folks coming from bellevue

- usually pretty quiet on Thursday nights, so they'd probably

welcome a group. They have several "zones" in the bar, so

it would be pretty easy to take over our own area. GG is

no stranger to loud, sports-oriented crowds, 'cause

lots of city recreational sports teams play on nearby

montlake fields

- pool table, non-smoking

NEWSTIPS said:

Can a newsie join in? I have to work this coming Tuesday (2/25), but am free the bigdrink.gif following Tuesday night if you guys will promise to be just a little nice to me (and my friend, King5News, if I can convince her to come....)

I thought a Newsie was a paper boy that used to hang out on the corrner and yell "extra extra read all about it" or some such????

forrest_m said:

I've got a suggestion, someplace NEW, someplace close-in for city folks yet convenient for east-siders, and best of all, it is within walking distance of my house. It is GRADY'S GRILLHOUSE on 24th Ave East (just south of the Montlake Bridge). grady's web page

and Dubliner)

- usually pretty quiet on Thursday nights, so they'd probably

montlake fields

Forrest has been hanging out with mattp and practicing their strongarm tactics. madgo_ron.gifwink.gif Sounds like a spot worth checking out and close the the freeway for everyone. bigdrink.gifthumbs_up.gif

NEWSTIPS said:

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

I thought a Newsie was a paper boy that used to hang out on the corrner and yell "extra extra read all about it" or some such????

Oh, I do plenty of yelling...it's just at co-workers

yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif well when we have important things to say, we must be heard wether any one WANTS to listen or not wink.gifrockband.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif have one for me... I wish I was close enough (sob) cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

forrest_m said:

and Dubliner)

- usually pretty quiet on Thursday ???? nights, so they'd probably

montlake fields

I used to live across the street from Grady's. That place was OK. Good burgers and fries. But I think you got an uphill row to hoe Forrest. Grady's is pretty hard to get to from Ballard. wink.gif

How late are they open on Tuesdays?

NEWSTIPS said:

Sorry, but the lovely (and married) Elisa Hahn works Tuesday nights. Can I offer you something from the single side of the newsroom?

Actually Pub Club is not all about singles meeting singles...in fact, that usually only happens in Erik's dreams. Pub Club includes a number of married/attached folks amongst the hordes of horny (frustrated) singles.

So, SURE, bring the single sided gals along with you! Bring your married folk, too. I'm sure you'll make quite the stir! This may be worth showing up for.......

Thinker said:

Actually Pub Club is not all about singles meeting singles...in fact, that usually only happens in Erik's dreams. Pub Club includes a number of married/attached folks amongst the hordes of horny (frustrated) singles.

So, SURE, bring the single sided gals along with you! Bring your married folk, too. I'm sure you'll make quite the stir! This may be worth showing up for.......

that is sooo harsh old boy!! i cannot believe you uttered such unfounded words. do you work for a major media corporation or something??

i am all about the fun there mr thinker!! and whos frustrated??????? not the birthday gurl!!!

the_finger.gif

erik said:that is sooo harsh old boy!! i cannot believe you uttered such unfounded words. do you work for a major media corporation or something??

i am all about the fun there mr thinker!! and whos frustrated??????? not the birthday gurl!!!

the_finger.gif

Hey Erik, thanks for the back-handed complement on my spelling and sentence structure! But, alas, my work is not nearly so glamorous.

Say, when is Amber showing up at Pub Club again?