Pub Club 2/25

AlpineK

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ehmmic said:

Wow! 21 views and no replies. Guess people aren't into drinking this week. Wherever is fine with me.

What is this? Some sort of passive-agressive fight picking?mad.gif

OK I'm game. grin.gif

Where is this Pyramid place and why should we drink at a place that sells such shitty beer? The only beer more overvalued than Pyramid is Corona and McTarnahans. madgo_ron.gif

mattp said:

Ehmic-

Perhaps they are not yet ready to argue about where to drink???

This seems to be indicative of the recent malaise that has stricken most of the posters on this board. I remember watching the stellar fights over wear pub club would be. These would last several days; it was invigorating.

Where has the spark gone? confused.gif

Where is this Pyramid place and why should we drink at a place that sells such shitty beer? The only beer more overvalued than Pyramid is Corona and McTarnahans.

The Pyramid place is right next to Safeco field. I've never been there, but a number of folks on this board think it's a good spot to drink.

I agree with how you rate Pyramid beer.

If you want a real fight then someone needs to come up with an alternate location and then get a posse to back them up.

Edited by AlpineK

AlpineK said:

If you want a real fight then someone needs to come up with an alternate location and then get a posse to back them up.

I know a quick dirty way to get a posse to back me up.

Hey! How about we drink somewhere in BALLARD?! hahaha.gif

Didn't we already have two PubClubs in the last month outside of Ballard?!! Don't we have some ground rules about this? tongue.gif

Greg_W said:

mattp said:

Ehmic-

Perhaps they are not yet ready to argue about where to drink???

This seems to be indicative of the recent malaise that has stricken most of the posters on this board. I remember watching the stellar fights over wear pub club would be. These would last several days; it was invigorating.

Where has the spark gone? confused.gif

Hey! Let's have it in Tacoma like in the good old days. Na.....I take it back. The spark is gone.

Ooops! REason NOT to drink in Ballard:

from Seattle PI :

A man suspected of killing an Oregon cab driver was spotted in Seattle and is now tied to two armed robberies here, Seattle police said yesterday.

Stephen Warren Barr, 62, is suspected of robbing taverns in Ballard and in West Seattle at gunpoint early last week, said Deanna Nollette, a Seattle Police Department spokeswoman.

[...]

Two men -- one a steady customer and one a newcomer -- were sitting in TNT's on Tuesday, the day of the afternoon robbery, bartender Elsie Cuffe said.

chucK said:

ehmmic said:

Wow! 21 views and no replies. Guess people aren't into drinking this week. Wherever is fine with me.

What is this? Some sort of passive-agressive fight picking?mad.gif

OK I'm game. grin.gif

Where is this Pyramid place and why should we drink at a place that sells such shitty beer? The only beer more overvalued than Pyramid is Corona and McTarnahans. madgo_ron.gif

yelrotflmao.gifChuck - to answer your question. Nope. Not a troll. Just an observation about the lack of controversy after so many people had viewed the post. I was amazed. Given all the bs every week. If we end up at the Pryamid Brewery we have definately lost our zeal.

Since there are a few places on the table now, here's my 2 cents. I'd prefer Al's to the Dubliner or Nickerson. Still think the Nickerson is too pricey. But I don't mind that as much in the summer when you can sit outside. The Dubliner is a crappy bar with watered down drinks that are too expensive, beer out of the tap is probably fine though.