Telemark bunny hill buddy wanted for Sunday

dryad

Geek_the_Greek said:

I was out at Steven's yesterday too - ripped it up in Mill Valley. Andromeda face was awesome! I saw a few other pinheads out there, but none that looked beginner-ish. Perhaps you are being overly modest?

You wouldn't have seen me in Mill Valley. I was sticking to doing laps down the bunny hill. I was the pinhead with the silly purple jester hat on.

Saw one guy there kickin' it old school, trying to telemark on long skinny track skis.

Anyway, it looks like I'll be going out again this Sunday (3/2), so let me know if you want to join in. The offer of beer in exchange for instruction still stands.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say I'm a little disappointed with y'all. No takers at all for this Sunday. C'mon... chicks (well, one chick at any rate), beer, skiing. I can't believe nobody wants in on this action.

Oh well. If you happen to be at Stevens, swing by and say hi. Look for the pinhead on the bunny hill with the purple jester hat on.

dryad said:

I gotta say I'm a little disappointed with y'all. No takers at all for this Sunday. C'mon... chicks (well, one chick at any rate), beer, skiing. I can't believe nobody wants in on this action.

Oh well. If you happen to be at Stevens, swing by and say hi. Look for the pinhead on the bunny hill with the purple jester hat on.

gotta go w/fern on this one...new marketing is needed. not everyone on the board is male.

minx said:

gotta go w/fern on this one...new marketing is needed. not everyone on the board is male.

How about I start ranting about how Stevens didn't have any small enough tele skis for my friend to rent last week, and how chicks can be pinheads too goddammit, and TELE-BABES UNITE!!!! GRRRL POWER! Let's go out and show them!

Is that better?

I'm actually serious about the first part there. Smallest skis thy could find were some 170cm Rossi Hellgates. Heavy-ass racing skis. I played the martyr and used those and let my buddy use mine. Then we bitched to anyone who's listen that chicks telemark too and they should stock more small gear.

i've got my own...never considered the issue of chick's gear rental. guess that could be a prob. try some of the local shops for rentals as well.

i wasn't suggesting that you try an and go w/the whole girl bonding thing. just that its not just men that post and tele.

minx said:

i've got my own...never considered the issue of chick's gear rental. guess that could be a prob. try some of the local shops for rentals as well.

I've got my own too, and never even considered that she might have a problem with rentals. Now we know - rent gear locally, or at least call beforehand and reserve the one small pair they have. On the bright side, she did get a coupon for a free rental for our inconvenience. And I got a coupon for a free ski tune.