Hood -South Route

Dulton

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Pete,

Nice to run into ya. The ski down was far more pleasant on sunday than the survival skiing on saturday nothing like turning in zero visibility with a pack and sled...nice suprise with the inversion weather yesterday though...best damn turns were at the top of the Palmer. Still getting used to skiing that randonee gear...skied seven years on tele, this is my first season with locked heels.

If you've got any good meal plan ideas for Denali from your experience that you could pass along to Ryland and I, it would be greatly appreciated!

iain said:

why because they are postholing when they should have some boards strapped to their feet like those with common sense bwahaha hahaha.gif

(I like how the green laugh gives a different impression than ol' yeller yellaf.gif)

Ya thanks, we do have snowshoes, and brought them (like those with common sense) its sad that you can't take a joke... hmmmmmmmmm Maybe you were joking too........ hmmmmmm (thanks for making me feel stupid tho, cant get enough of that)

Edited by Dulton

Sorry bout' jumping to conclusions... i was not in the best of moods when i read that, having just returned from 48hrs of no sleep, 12 of which i spent in sub 0 temps and high winds overnight on Hood and opting out of a summit attempt because we were just miserable. So sorry about that blush.gif.

About the shoes.... we didn't need them after about 9k, and if you stick to the groomed runs you could prolly boot it all the way up (we saw a couple people who booted it all the way up carrying their crampons). Didn't use shoes on the descent because of the inconsistent windspread snow. Hope that helps smile.gif

texplorer said:

Yea Dulton,

I would watch out for those skier/boarders such as Ian. I hear they can be cold and condescending to those of us who practice the purest forms of mountaineering. Other than that he is probably a good guy who just has been lured by the dark arts of the speed descensionists.

yelrotflmao.gifrockband.gif