Yeah!!! Come on NOW!!!

Necronomicon

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

I don't feel that wisdom is something you can "pass along" but something one must gain for ones self. being selfrighteous is not very *wise* either.

This is RURP:

Miss Muffy. I do not know where you came up with that. Do you expect wisdom to all of a sudden come to you? There is a genre of literature thousands of years old known as "wisdom literature" in which advice is passed on through the generations in order to assist people in being moral and for making good decisions. Learn something worthwhile (a personal lesson or from wherever) and pass it on so others can learn from it and add to their accumulated body of "good sense"/wisdom. With your current perspective, your progress will be long and slow.

Does offering one's moral perspective (in this case, admonishing people for being insensitive to human suffering) make one "self-righteous"? (a rather negative term). If I myself am righteous by advocating that people think before they make light of tragedy, then call me what you wish. The problem seems to lie in the fact that people do not want to hear it because it perhaps directly implicates them, and/or they just have utter disrespect for the messenger, anonymous or otherwise.

RURP has spoken.

wisdom can be helped along by a master or by spiritual readings... but when it come down to it, you must earn your wisom over time and threw experience. Epiphany is rare, but does happen. Come on Rurp... I refuse to get into this with a professor, as I am no expert. But I am also not an idiot.

you can read as many books as you want, but knowledge means verry little with out some kind of real persoanl trials and experiences.

life is for living wink.gif

In the Tao Te Ching it says that a gifted student understands the way immediately and follows the way there after... a mediocare student struggles to understand, struggles to follow the way... and a fool never understands and doesn't know what he is missing.