This Sucks

Jake

Another reminder for me that skiing can be dangerous.

---TRAGIC ACCIDENT AT MISSION RIDGE

A 13 YEAR OLD OLYMPIA GIRL DIED WEDNESDAY AFTER SHE APPARENTLY LOST CONTROL WHILE SKIING AT MISSION RIDGE AND STRUCK A TREE. THE CHELAN COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE REPORTS THAT THE TEEN WAS HEADING DOWN THE SKOOKUM RUN WITH HER 15 YEAR OLD BROTHER WHEN THE ACCIDENT TOOK PLACE. THE GIRL, WHOSE NAME IS BEING WITHHELD PENDING NOTIFICATION FROM THE COUNTY CORONER, WAS DEAD ON ARRIVAL AT CENTRAL WASHINGTON HOSPITAL. ---

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

helmets are for wussy skiers erik, it's totally different than biking. first of all you're on two slicked-up planks of wood, you have no brakes, you're not on a paved road, and there are obstacles directly in your path frequently. not at all the same as biking.

Be fair now people. There is a difference between choosing not to wear one, and thinking they are for wusses. I grew up before rec skiiers were wearing them, and personally don't see a need for one. I think helmets are fine, and that kids in particular should wear them.

Condolences to the family, that does suck about this little kid. frown.gif

allison said:

Be fair now people. There is a difference between choosing not to wear one, and thinking they are for wusses. I grew up before rec skiiers were wearing them, and personally don't see a need for one. I think helmets are fine, and that kids in particular should wear them.

Condolences to the family, that does suck about this little kid. frown.gif

Allison,

with that attitude I do not see how you can justify implying what others need and need not do!! more like keepin to myself with a smile on my face is the route you possibly choose!

Helmets are a personal choice. I used to be like you, but after seeing countless injuries that were not necessary I wear one all the time. If you want to think of me as a wussy then so be it. My head my choice and by the way a head butt to someone's face hurts less with a helmet on. I like physical confrontation

fruit.giffruit.gif

iain said:

helmets are for wussy skiers erik, it's totally different than biking. first of all you're on two slicked-up planks of wood, you have no brakes, you're not on a paved road, and there are obstacles directly in your path frequently. not at all the same as biking.

sisu_suomi said:

Hey Trask as a little kid I used to practice head butting plywood so I could kick the shit out of my tormentors. hahaha.....Waaaaa sisu does not fight fair...waaaa

When we were little kids we spent most of our time in the woods playing Army. The neighbor girls were the nurses. Needless to say, I spent most of my time in sick bay.

rbw1966 said:

I agree with allison, er I mean Iain. Helmets are for wusses.

This is RURP:

Children deserve to survive childhood. It's the parent's responsibility to protect the kids until their legal. Helmets aren't a bad idea for kids. When they're 18 and out of the house, they can do what the heck they want.

RURP has spoken.