Rainier partner for early June 2023

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am from Switzerland and have average climbing experience (15 yrs and >20 above 14Kft), I know my knots and "how to" on the mountains. I am around the 20th may in SEA and will bring my own climbing gear and wear to get to Mt Rainier. Would love to have a climbing partner who is also experienced and knows the local "how to" - it would be my first climb in the US.  I take it always safe and am respectful of conditions and weather.

Give me a shout via WA on +41 79 725 01 00 or pat_hauser@hotmail.com. I can call you back anytime that suits you. 

I fly on thursday 11th may to SFO and drive to SEA around 20th. later on leaving to Montana to visit friends. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2023 at 1:52 PM, Matthew Howell said:

Hey, everybody. I’m looking for a climbing partner for Rainier in early June. I’m experienced and well prepared. I’ve hiked to Camp Muir before. Come climb with me!

I'm looking for a Ranier partner in June. I've climbed a number of peaks in the Northwest this year (Shasta, Adams, Hood). Have a bit of roped experience, and my own equipment

• 2 weeks later...

Six Permits Available for Mt St Helens on Sunday, June 4th, 2023

Hey all, 

I'm having difficulty registering to join the forum to post that we have six permits to climb Mt St Helens on Sunday, June 4th and want to make them available for others to use. Our party will only be five from Seattle and eight from Portland.

Can you please post this info for me while I await the requested help from Cascade Climbers?

Thanks,

Cory

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

I am looking to ski the emmons route as a one day push from white river trailhead starting probably around midnight or 1am on Monday or Tuesday next week. I just attempted this route yesterday but got turned around at 13,1 due to white out conditions at the summit. I am only in the area for a little bit but I’d love to give the route another go before I have to go home! It’s absolutely in right now. My glaciated experience is limited to my rainier attempt and my successful hood bid, but my 14er experience is 28 in Colorado and mount Whitney in California, with plenty of Much steeper skis and snow climbs to make the emmo!s route look easy. If any of you want to join feel free to text me!

-Declan

970 215 7867

I'm looking for climbing partner(s) Monday-Wednesday June 12-14 but could flex to another day. I have summited Hood, Orizaba, multiple smaller Alaska peaks, and Colorado/California 14ers. Was most interested in Emmons (skiing) or ID or DC to hike.