Trade Payton?!

nattybumppo

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nattybumppo said:

Sorry, non-climbing, but this is...I'm just beside myself.

AAAAAGGGGGHHHH!!!

The Glove. Gone. I haven't cared before, but NOW I'm boycotting Starbucks. Per the P-I today, Seattle DOES suck.

Not only that:

On January 31, after 20 days of projecting and a mere week before leaving for a six-week trip to Europe, Adam Stack made the third ascent of Tommy Caldwell's Kryptonite at the Fortress of Solitude near Rifle, Colorado. Originally graded 5.14d by Caldwell, Kryptonite's grade came under scrutiny after François Legrand's aggressive cleaning produced a hold that second ascentionist Yuji Hirayama said makes the route 5.14c. Stack, however, chose to avoid the manufactured hold, calling his redpoint method "Kryptonite au naturel" and confirmed the 5.14d grade.

Oh my Gawd! shocked.gif

Attitude said:

nattybumppo said:

Sorry, non-climbing, but this is...I'm just beside myself.

AAAAAGGGGGHHHH!!!

The Glove. Gone. I haven't cared before, but NOW I'm boycotting Starbucks. Per the P-I today, Seattle DOES suck.

Not only that:

On January 31, after 20 days of projecting and a mere week before leaving for a six-week trip to Europe, Adam Stack made the third ascent of Tommy Caldwell's Kryptonite at the Fortress of Solitude near Rifle, Colorado. Originally graded 5.14d by Caldwell, Kryptonite's grade came under scrutiny after François Legrand's aggressive cleaning produced a hold that second ascentionist Yuji Hirayama said makes the route 5.14c. Stack, however, chose to avoid the manufactured hold, calling his redpoint method "Kryptonite au naturel" and confirmed the 5.14d grade.

Oh my Gawd! shocked.gif

bigdrink.gifrockband.giffruit.gif

Adam Stack can lick my chode. Who gives a straight fuck.

I don't know what to think about Payton being gone. What an icon! Not only is this a bad trade for the Sonics. Who can replace Payton?! Who's going to play point!? Gary's the man and the toughest fucker in the NBA. He was loyal to the Sonics and Seattle for a long time, and this is how we repay him. Fuckin bullshit. cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifthumbs_down.gif

Boo hoo. Payton always had an attitude problem. This came 5 years late. Him and Kemp were great together, but he couldn't mesh with anyone else.

Who's gonna run point, though? They got Ollie and RAY ALLEN (the best shooter in the league).

They traded for a big guy too. Can't remember who.

Maybe they'll get lucky and land the rights to LeBron in the draft.

specialed said:

I don't know what to think about Payton being gone. What an icon! Not only is this a bad trade for the Sonics. Who can replace Payton?! Who's going to play point!? Gary's the man and the toughest fucker in the NBA. He was loyal to the Sonics and Seattle for a long time, and this is how we repay him. Fuckin bullshit. cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifthumbs_down.gif

Fuck you and your bitchassketball. You're probably lucky if you can climb your ass off the couch to get another can of Busch Lite before the game comes back on.

wave.gif

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

specialed said:

Fuck you and your bitchassketball. You're probably lucky if you can climb your ass off the couch to get another can of Busch Lite before the game comes back on.

wave.gif

ooooooo he's callin you out special......whatca gonna do??

God damn it I agree with the sex-coco. I think I have to go puke and I haven't done that in 12 years. mushsmile.gif

sexual_chocolate said:

Boo hoo. Payton always had an attitude problem. This came 5 years late. Him and Kemp were great together, but he couldn't mesh with anyone else.

Who's gonna run point, though? They got Ollie and RAY ALLEN (the best shooter in the league).

They traded for a big guy too. Can't remember who.

Maybe they'll get lucky and land the rights to LeBron in the draft.

Fuck you Sisu: Neither you or Chocolate Butt Sex know shit about the Sonics or Gary Payton. The only attitude Gary has is to kick ass in basketball. Everyone on the Sonics got along with him and respected him. You're completely wrong because you don't know shit.

And DFA get your gay bouldering ass sex spray out of this thread, and go to the gym and work on that red tape V1 you've been projecting all winter. Suck my HCL.gif bitch, I know your mom has.

They picked up Elden Campbell, who used to be a pretty good big man but might be just about washed up now. They can add him to their collection of totally worthless ass big guys. They not only got rid of Payton, they also traded Kenny Anderson. So instead of 2 starter caliber point guards they have......Kevin Ollie? CBA refuge who's a serviceable backup, not a starter. Ray Allen is a definite star, but somebody's gotta run the show and they've got nothing now.

I remember Payton back in his college days, too, we used to go to the Far West Classic at the Blazers old homecourt every year.

specialed said:

Fuck you Sisu: Neither you or Chocolate Butt Sex know shit about the Sonics or Gary Payton. The only attitude Gary has is to kick ass in basketball. Everyone on the Sonics got along with him and respected him. You're completely wrong because you don't know shit.

And DFA get your gay bouldering ass sex spray out of this thread, and go to the gym and work on that red tape V1 you've been projecting all winter. Suck my HCL.gif bitch, I know your mom has.

Touchy sumbitch, ain't ya? Maybe a little prozac, or better yet, a lobotomy will help. I could recommend a good doctor, or if your looking for the cheap route, I have a Milwaukee drill. smileysex5.gif

Good analysis Nolan. The only logic I can make of it is that they're gearing up for another big trade or aquisition. By trading Payton they've freed up a lot of cash, and they aquired cash considerations from Hornets. If they can make a big move this summer to get another all-star they'll have a decent looking team. Still why trade Payton? one of the best basketball players ever.

Glacier: I'm already on Prozac, had five lobotomies, and drilled a few holes in my noggin. Now I'm on the hard shit - Mickey's Wide Mouth. Tends to calm me down a bit, but the quickie mart was clean out tonight.

"But how about this scenario? The Sonics, with Ollie, Ronald Murray and Joseph Forte, are in desperate need of a point guard. They will be over the cap this summer, but will have their $4.5 million exception. Payton is a free agent. Might the Sonics offer him a four-year, $20 million deal, and Payton can finish his career in a Sonics uniform, alongside Allen, the player for whom he was traded?"

From an article by Frank Hughes, who covers the NBA for the Tacoma News-Tribune.

Boo Hoo Hoo, go home to yo mama, and cry :cry

specialed said:

Sp Ed, why would the use their $4.5m exemption, when they could have Larry Bird'd him in with no limit?

Getting traded was the best thing for G., now he can play for George, with Anthony Mason, et. al, and maybe make a run on the east.

With Wally and Rick Sund in the front office, the Supes will always have problems.

Be sad for Sonic fans, be happy for GP for leaving a shitty situation, and be glad for what Gary brought us!

It's obvious that Payton wasn't happy in Seattle any more. I loved to watch him play, but I would hate to lose him at the end of the year with nothing in return. By the way I see it, there building for the future. We get the Buck's 1st pick if they have one higher than 20th. As far as PG, the obvious choice looks like Kidd, who is also a free agent at the end of the year and who has said that he would like to play in Seattle. We'll see what they do as far as getting aa solid, young big-man.