Partner needed for Mt Hood - Reid & Sandy Glacier Headwalls - April 29/30 or as late as May2/3

PellucidWombat

Heyo! I'm traveling to Portland/Seattle for the last week of April/first Week of May, and I was really hoping to do the following early in the trip:

2 days on Mt Hood, camping at Illumination Saddle, climbing a route each day. Ideally skin up & ski down from camp, but booting it from there.

1st day be up to Illumination Saddle early enough to drop camp/ski gear and fire the Reid Glacier Headwall.

2nd day leave camp EARLY, drop down and around to Sandy Glacier Headwall. Pick up camp on descent.

Main criteria for a partner is that they are fit, have glacier travel experience, and are at least reasonably solid enough on AI2 in order to simul most/all of either route. Someone to join in the skiing is ideal, or at least someone who doesn't mind me skiing down after 😜.

I am shooting for the April 29/30 weekend, but can do later days as late as May 2/3.

Also willing to work with people just doing car-to-car efforts - ideally there I camp alone and trade off between partners between the days, but could just do car-to-car if there are no other options.

Edited by PellucidWombat

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic