• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
iain

In the meadows snowpack email today...

and in a related piece of bad karma, while skiing at meadows yesterday I stabbed my skipole through my calf muscle after landing wrong on a jump, and somehow pulled the muscle in the process as well. good morning!

I feel for ya' brother.

I was at Meadows on Sunday for my one and only time this year (had a free pass to burn). I landed wrong from a jump and tweaked my MCL. It's not too major but it's pretty tender. Must be my karma from heading to that Cooper Spur meeting in HR.

Hope you recover quickly! bigdrink.gif

The new stuff at meadows was not enough to cover the tracked out stuff from monday, but it was pretty good for this year. We were able to poach some new stuff a bit into half-moon bowl in heather c. but it was too late in the day for it to be very good. Looks like some more snow on the way but another dry spell on the way too. This weekend should be pretty good but I'm sure it will be packed. Probably the best weekend so far this season is coming up. hellno3d.gif Thanks for the kind words shredmaximus, hope your knee is okay. That's one of the scariest feelings in skiing, landing when you know something's wrong. hellno3d.gif

$5 says meadows will divert heather creek down low in the coming years to open up the canyon on days like this. Would be just like them.