A little quiz

erik

snaf.gif

Even Bush, while shrilly claiming to not be impacted by the massive scale of the protests, has his aides looking at the energizing effect on the opposition (read "UN"). And, Blair is quietly seeking a way to de-escalate the rhetoric without losing face or being seen as weakening in his support of Bush.

Although I support Bush, in a way I don't feel one bit sorry for him on this one. He went into this with no proactive foreign policy (remember his un-prophetic "I am a consensus-builder" campaign speeches?), no ability to build a coalition (Like his father did), and no plan. The reactive nature of his Administration is catching up with him.

Reagan-hittin-head-ani.gif

According to the AP wire, it's official: "A new Iraq war resolution will be offered to the U.N. Security Council this week or next, the White House said."

Yep - now the bush team has decided it needs the U.N. - Who knew?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I came across an interesting clip of a guy interviewing war protesters at the rally in NYC last week. Maybe it was just biased editing, but I for one was startled by the disposition of and responses made by the interviewees. It seemed to be based more on Bush bashing than rational thought.

Some of the responses were absolutely astounding, for example. When an elderly gentleman protester was asked if, "12 years of inspections wasn't enough, how much more time should they be given?" He simply discounted that as a "ridiculous question."

As ChrisT said, I guess for many, the protests are just a gala event and hippie get together. Let's all be sure to take these people serious...bwahahaha

http://brain-terminal.com/articles/video/peace-protest.html

what are you suggesting col? amnesty is one of the least biased orgs out there.if you abuse human rights, they will tell the world about it no matter what state you are. or are you suggesting they torture people themselves and the whole things is a cover up for that? confused.gif

they are part of the future. so i guess they do and should have a voice? you old people may want to fuck it all up for 4 years of a weak economy and a violence induced American pride. pfft. schweet! rolleyes.gif

why would you think yourself better then them? are you all not human beings??

as americans they have every right to voice what they believe in, just as you do.

if you remember one simple aspect of the United State of America's Constituion, is that your rights extend only as far as the next persons.

why is it that the political right, and the political left can never figure out that both sides are equally wrong and maybe correct?

you are right traskie, some alcoholic cocaine user is much better.

i would much rather have my personal securities handed over so i do not have to make decisions as to what is right and wrong. hopefully as i type this "homeland security" is planning another tape your windows shut day, because we speculate that the end of the muslim pilgrammage that they are going to rise up and gas the entire country. please stay in your home, turn off your computer and brain. and watch the nightly reprogramming, all hail the chief and his thoughtful and delightful ideals.

death to non-angleo non-xhristains.

death to all freedoms!!

we are part of the robot called bushica!!!!! slaughter all whom stand in our short shadow!

yelrotflmao.gif

so bummed I missed this, this morning... I was watching Anachery TV on the local cable access station last nigh, and low and behold the eugene demonstration did indeed turn confrintational as shown by the anarchistis themselves. It wasn't on the news though... I wonder why tongue.gif

The liberals continue to sell America's freedom all the while claiming that it is the right who intrudes on rights and liberties. Most of the causes the liberal lefts supports have suspicious motives and reek of selling out the USA. While liberals debate and slink around in the form of protesters and Bush haters the enemy grows stronger and bolder. You weaken this country with your rhetoric and your cowardly insistense on peace where peace has been bankrupted by violence committed against your fellow citizens. Will you sell their souls for your peace of mind (and weed puffing) because you personally abhor violence (lean toward mediocrity) for cowardly reasons? Will you claim this when your soldiers are locked in battle? Will you and the generation of peaceniks preceding you never understand that we hold priviledge in the world through strength? Will you sell this out because it's cool and you want to be a voice of (T)reason?

Of the past 20 supreme court decisions about 19 of those have supported liberal causes. Look at where all this is taking us. Down a drain we can't escape from.

Fuck you Erik. I know you're a pansy little liberal.

z said:

The liberals continue to sell America's freedom all the while claiming that it is the right who intrudes on rights and liberties. Most of the causes the liberal lefts supports have suspicious motives and reek of selling out the USA. While liberals debate and slink around in the form of protesters and Bush haters the enemy grows stronger and bolder. You weaken this country with your rhetoric and your cowardly insistense on peace where peace has been bankrupted by violence committed against your fellow citizens. Will you sell their souls for your peace of mind (and weed puffing) because you personally abhor violence (lean toward mediocrity) for cowardly reasons? Will you claim this when your soldiers are locked in battle? Will you and the generation of peaceniks preceding you never understand that we hold priviledge in the world through strength? Will you sell this out because it's cool and you want to be a voice of (T)reason?

Of the past 20 supreme court decisions about 19 of those have supported liberal causes. Look at where all this is taking us. Down a drain we can't escape from.

Fuck you Erik. I know you're a pansy little liberal.

aww shucks, i got singled out.....

well i would have to say that this country was not formed for the purpose to rule the word. would you say that? would you say that this country was formed so you may harbor your hate towards others?? i don't think so.

i would say though that opinions like yours are as valid as any others. though i know that you are wound up in a tight little ball just hoping that something of this nature will occier, so you may excerise your hate and violence? either way you go on about your day and and i will go on about mine.

p.s. call me what you want. cause it don't mean shit to me.

p.p.s. mike make sure you wear your gas mask.

Erik,

Like many of your compatriots you've done little with your life except live in Tacoma and spout off from your soapbox of dazed, confused, and inebriated rhetoric. At least I know HOW to put on a gas mask tool, and at least I know a thing or two about what I'm talking about having spent a great deal of time in study and observing FIRSTHAND exactly how much GOOD the UNITED STATES has done for many many many countries overseas.

You and all your loser buddies oil conspiracy theories are weak and simple minded. Why did we not take it after the first war? HUH? Why has the United States despite it's prominence as the preeminent world power for many years not acted with manifest destiny towards the nations of the world?

Face it. There are complex reasons for this war, but everything I see leads me to believe that we as a nation are threatened by foreign powers who care little about the good we have done and thwarted by allies who talk out both sides of their mouths. perhaps it's time overdue for a little shake up in the way the world runs.

Get out of the UN for one. What a fucking joke. Like I want some of those tools running my life. Get out of the oil trap. Hydrogen is cheap and readily available. Dispose of some allies and some enemies at the same time.

Sometimes kicking some fucker in the face when he needs it is the right thing to do. Saddam Hussein is going down and then that little fuck Korean Xenophobe is next.

I remind myself as I remind many of you that many of the people who are acting positively with regards to this issue are too actively engaged in living life to participate in trite internet chat dialogs like this one.

I also remind myself that Seattle, the internet community, and the climbing community in general are traditionally liberal bastions.

Even at the height of the Vietnam conflict there was oftentimes mention of the silent majority that supported the initial stated aims and more importantly supported soldiers, airmen and marines sent to defend the freedoms of this nation. Imagine if this time someone, like myself, takes the time and energy to organize the silent majority in counter protests and rallies. Imagine if the several hundred thousand combat soldiers were to march in defiance of your petty aims that do nothing excpet detract from their abilities to do their jobs with peace of mind knowing that they were supported by the folks back home. Imagine that? I imagine you would see exactly HOW SMALL AND INSIGNIFICANT YOU REALLY ARE. So pound your chests about your rallies, but be aware they mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.

So it makes you feel important to post pictures of liberal flag wavers then go for it.

Don't tread on me!