allthumbs

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dru said:

jkrueger said:

I before E, EXCEPT after C. Of course, there are exceptions to this exception...

weird. that's just weird.engrish suck!!!

as opposed to canuckian?!?! a few daze ago I asked some dude (I was in canada so i am assuming he was canadian) if it was cool to rap/step over his rope ( i was wearing crampons) his response was "fuckin give 'er" i got the jist but what the fuck? fruit.gif

Mr._Natural said:

Dru said:

jkrueger said:

I before E, EXCEPT after C. Of course, there are exceptions to this exception...

as opposed to canuckian?!?! a few daze ago I asked some dude (I was in canada so i am assuming he was canadian) if it was cool to rap/step over his rope ( i was wearing crampons) his response was "fuckin give 'er" i got the jist but what the fuck? fruit.gif

at least he didn't say "ARE YOU DEAD YET???" or "Bring your welly, geeza!"

cracked said:

How would you know?

personal oppinion and theory here... but you asked wink.gif

believing that there are no exceptions is like believing in fairy tales. That to me is not cynical, just nieve. No offense or anything... just what I think.

Dru said:

Mr._Natural said:

Dru said:

jkrueger said:

at least he didn't say "ARE YOU DEAD YET???" or "Bring your welly, geeza!"

which would have meant?

Once again, I think it's time for the cc.com theme poem:

Eye halve a spelling chequer

It came with my pea sea

It plainly marques four my revue

Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word

And weight four it two say

Weather eye am wrong oar write

It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid

It nose bee fore two long

And eye can put the error rite

Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it

I am shore your pleased two no

Its letter perfect awl the weigh

My chequer tolled me sew.

MtnGoat said:

I was explaining why terrorism is not measured by not negotiating with them.

Why make it harder on yourself (and us) by throwing in tangential musings?"

There's nothing tangential about it. You made the statement we're terrorists for not negotiating! I'm pointing out negotiation has no role in determining what terror is or isn't. It's using civilians as primary targets intentionally that is terrorism, not refusing to negotiate.

"We will have to disagree on this. I think paying attention to how the wind is blowing is a smart thing to do. "

All it is is mob mentality, no different from any other insupportable ideal based in relativity.

Wether or not the wind blew and supported slavery, it was still wrong. Wether or not the wind blows and support forcing women to wear burkhas, it's still wrong.

Values derived from ideals that do not depend on who feels what this week, and something else next year are not dependent on the wind blowing.

"It is obvious, from your history in these discussions, that openness to alternative viewpoints is not something you value highly."

You're completely wrong. This is like the "listening" thingo. You assume because I disagree, I'm not listening. I am. I can use the *exact* same evidence to show your lack of openess to my ideas.

There are all kinds of disparate viewpoints, and I read 'em all and balance them. Just like anyone else, I apply values I hold to them, and judge them.

Don't tell me you have no values you apply to new ideas? Of course you do. Does that make you non openminded? Of course not. It merely means you test the new ideas, and that's precisely what I do too.

"Your support for our current course of disregard for world opinion is not surprising."

That's because opinion does not represent the gold standard for right and wrong, in my value system. No matter how many people believe something, they can still be wrong. This inevitably means that majority is no test of morality.

"Then, I don't think the fact that votes are valid public input invalidates other methods of informing the government as to your preferences."

No one has said protest is not a valid form of expression. But it's not a valid form of claiming a repeatable, measurable majority. For all we know, the folks out there are 99% of the same folks who opposed Bush anyway. How is this supposed to represent everyone? You certainly don't represent me, or lots and lots of others. Go ahead and mill around in the streets, but I am not interested in having your doing so as representing a majority.