No Trip TR

Dru

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't your mama ever tell you what to do to when your hose unclamps in public?

Strange but true thread drift: one time a buddy and I drove down I5 to J tree from Vancouver. it was my first trip to J tree. so he puts oil in his car in blaine, and by the time he gets to centralia, its low on oil again. adds another quart, and its ALL GONE by the time we reach Kalama. so he adds ANOTHER quart and when we get to portland, we find some mechanic who agrees to examine it in the AM. so we sleep in the car all night somewhere in north portland, and in the morning hit a denny's while mechanic examines car.

BUT the leak?? had mysteriously sealed up?? maybe it was the radiation from the kalama reactor... and the car did not lose another drop of oil all the way to j tree or home again???

PORTLAND FIXES OIL LEAKS confused.gifbigdrink.gif

iain said:

Dru said:

flying_sheep_w_crows.jpg

where in god's name did you find that twisted piece?

Google Image Search "flying sheep"

more than pigs with cloven hoofs no? wait, are sheeps hooves cloven? DEER have cloven hoofs. Goats have cloven hoofs. are orthodox jews allowed to eat goats and deer? HCL.gif kosher?

I saw masses of cloven hooved mammals this weekend. White tail and deer and Elk, while driving Settlers road on the way back from gibralter wall (still in good shape though getting fried where the sun hits it.) Climbed at Cedared Creek too, down by Spillamacheen (it's better and bigger than the guidebook suggests, and it's in a steep gully so the ice is staying blue and fat even through warm temps.) Raining heavily in Golden where we stopped at the Trapper for some roast ungulate, fries and bigdrink.gif Too foggy to see anything across the river, but it's pretty warm for the east side of the Selkeirks in Feb.

No chest beating here. Saturday, I was content to drive out to the "sunny" eastside by Lake Cle Elum and hike up Hex Mountain. Indeed, I avoided most of the precip and stretched my legs too boot.

Sunday, I helped teach a beginning navigation field trip on Heybrook Ridge, near Index. This time I did not avoid the rain. I poured all morning and let up a bit in the afternoon. It's a good thing I brought my "climbing" umbrella. I guess any time you come back out of the woods with all your students is a good day, wet or not.

• 3 months later...

Here is a new NO TRIP TR!!!!!!

I was just heading out to go bouldering, when I saw a big pile of empties. Yeah, and I realized I was out of beer! So instead of going bouldering I walked to the liquor store and traded 15 empties for 6 full ones. Now I'm too drunk to go bouldering but I'm thinking of gfoing out for a run and falling in the river.

Let this be a lesson to you young'uns when you are debating beer or climbing. Prioritize! Climb first, beer later, unless you can walk to the climb. bigdrink.gif