No follow-thru by Police

catbirdseat

The post by Richard_noggin in the Bike Thieves Suck thread triggered an old memory.

I used to work in a laboratory that was adjacent to a manufacturing floor. Someone on second shift had figured out a way to jimmy the door to the lab without our knowing it. At first he/she sabotaged computers and monitors with acid. I asked that a camera be installed, but when management did nothing, it got a lot worse.

I was having my first cup of coffee that morning. I took a sip and this strange hot feeling swept down from the top of my head in a wave. I started to feel dizzy so I sat down. I took my sweater off. I was still losing it so I went to the floor. The next thing I knew, I was laying on the floor with people standing over me. Then I hear someone shout, "Wei is passed out at her desk!" We had been deliberately poisoned by laboratory chemicals! Wei and I spent a few hours in the hospital until our blood pressure returned to normal and were sent home. The detectives interviewed a few people, talked about lie detector tests, but basically gave up after a week or so.

They never caught the culprit. He/she had put the chemical in the coffee machine the night before and when we brewed it, it went from the reservoir to the pot. More than one sip and it would have killed me. Scary shit, man.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic