mambo it

gapertimmy

you may have noticed a new icon in the "post extras" area of your spray, err computer screen, it looks like this:

favorites.gif

just like the edit button, this option is only available on the posts that you haver personally authored, or if you are in the upper crust(admin/moderator) of cc.com (i like saying that cuz i like crust).

anyhow, what this is a way for you to "highlight" or "publish" your thread so to speak. every now and then we all have a thread that is just magical. whether it is a detailed tr, an fa account, or just a hilarious story, these posts just stand out above the rest, and are talked about for months, sometimes years after they occured (a la amber or muir hut).

so think of this as a way to "archive" or keep that post visible for all to see. the mambo it button will allow you to have that post published onto the non message board portion of the site so it will be easier to find by future generations of sprayers, or by those who don't surf the site everyday.

example... i mamboed the reid headwall tr cuz i thought it was tasty, and had lots of eye candy... i think you get the idea.

so if you have a post that has class, mambo it.

?'s pm me

Edited by gapertimmy

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have to approve the mambo? Or will it get abused... madgo_ron.gif

good question. when you submit something to it, it dumps it into a queue, and then jon or myself needs to go in and approve it before it gets posted.

so the only way it will get abused is by people submitting odd stuff, like Trish_Fox submitted a post of hers that said exactly.

THE MAMBO WILL BE SACRED

ChrisT said:

so where are these precious mambos hiding?

A very good question ChrisT. Give yourself a round of applause...

The site seems to be getting a bit confusing these days. There is more than the message board shocked.gif but it seems a little underadvertized.

Try here for the articles.