Local Boy Makes Good

Choada_Boy

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah he is an InReach user too.   I may be at the other end of the "risk spectrum" with my dog hikes into the mountains, but InReach sure has been nice to keep my wife from worrying about "if we made it".

"It is difficult for me to gauge or quantify how much more difficult it was than soloing the route in summer back in 2009. For sure it was a significant step up, even though in 2009 I had particularly bad conditions for summer, and even though this time I had, I think, pretty good conditions for winter, and certainly good weather. It is also difficult for me to gauge, at least in my still-tired state, where this ascent stands among my other climbing accomplishments, or how this ascent will be viewed by others. I often find the public reaction to various climbing accomplishments to not correlate very strongly with the actual difficulty of the climbing accomplishment. These days what seems to count is making movies rather than making difficult ascents. It doesn’t matter really. I know from the intensity of my experience that it was pretty darn badass, and I don’t need external affirmation to confirm that to me."

Damn...that sounds just like me after I climbed Chikamin with Kiba!  :laf:

More than anything, the thing that has always impressed me about Colin is his integrity and humility.  And no doubt I could never truly judge his ascents, they are beyond my comprehension.