erik

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have to be going to have an opinion on this. People expect me to do the job I'm paid for. We have a volunteer army that is the military arm of the United States in which I'm a taxpayer. My opinion is as valid as any.

Now that I think about it, apply your question to firefighters or the police or anyone who has to put their life on the line for any of us.

Edited by vegetablebelay

I don't have to be going to have an opinion on this. People expect me to do the job I'm paid for. We have a volunteer army that is the military arm of the United States in which I'm a taxpayer. My opinion is as valid as any.

Now that I think about it, apply your question to firefighters or the police or anyone who has to put their life on the line for any of us.

I wholeheartedly agree.

i just saw a gent in uniform at fred meyers with his young baby and his wife. it really took me aside for a second, as I hadn't had any face to face interaction with the possiblity of war.

when i watch the news, there is somewhat of a distance between myself and the reality of what may come to happen, this distance is compounded by the fact that i live in BFE central oregon.

but seeing a young father, around my age, who was getting ready to leave kind of woke me up, so to speak. a few other guys from work have gotten activated as well.

i just saw a gent in uniform at fred meyers with his young baby and his wife. it really took me aside for a second, as I hadn't had any face to face interaction with the possiblity of war.

when i watch the news, there is somewhat of a distance between myself and the reality of what may come to happen, this distance is compounded by the fact that i live in BFE central oregon.

but seeing a young father, around my age, who was getting ready to leave kind of woke me up, so to speak. a few other guys from work have gotten activated as well.

War, even a just war is hell. frown.gif