New forum?

snoboy

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Powdermag sucks (as far as backcountry skiing). Telemarktips and turns-all-year are pretty good, although the latter is relatively inactive. Maybe you could just put a link from the main forum page here to the turns-all-year site. That is, if turns-all-year doesn't mind being overrun by "discussions" about horsecock and politics. hahaha.gif

Although acknowledgement of "freshiez" would be a step down for the CC.com website perhaps we could hope to contain this epidemic plagueing the climbing community. For some time climbers, especially in the NW, have partaken in what is referred to as a variety of snow "sports" for a select few months of the year. Although these gravity driven sports may seem to bear merit they are in fact a danger to the ever-decreasing ranks of climbing hardmen. Not only is the "sport" dangerous but who knows what damage has already been done to the snafflehound population. Please join me in my campaign of F@#$ing the Freshiez. Lets open a new forum to the purveyors of evil, those clunky-booted heathen so they may foul only their own kind leaving the pure and noble rock climber to his virtuous pursuits.

Snaffle-on

I'm all for a ski mountaineering forum, and I mean a forum that is inclusive.

All the forums out there have tele in their name. Fuck that bullshit. An inclusive forum should be for AT, tele, and snowboarders.

I think CC.com could do this.

Yeah, what AlpineK said, word! bigdrink.gif

The current forecast is for snow above 3,000 or 4,000 feet, and it may be enough to make nice skiing. Winds are predicted to be moderate, and from the South. Look for some kind of avalance hazard on open north-facing slopes, but the skiing may be good on a variety of aspects at the higher elevations. If it is not too windy and if the snow falls with steadily falling freezing levels, it might be a good weekend for backcountry skiing.