Peace March Saturday

PullinFool

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right, Chocalate, the right wing propaganda machine is very successful and we do seem to forget our history!

Most Americans believe that Iraqi's were among the 9/11 hijackers (there were none) and that Saddam had something to do with the 9/11 attacks (I don't even think Bush's people have said that he did).

It is amazing that people like Cracked, GregW, Cavey, and Muffy think that peace marches usually turn violent when, as we have seen, nobody here can think if a single incident where this has happened since 1968!!!

I pointed out my example. It is not my fault tht it did not meat your criteria.

honestly I don't know any one who believes Most Americans believe that Iraqi's were among the 9/11 hijackers (there were none) and that Saddam had something to do with the 9/11 attacks (I don't even think Bush's people have said that he did).

honestly I don't know any one who believes Most Americans believe that Iraqi's were among the 9/11 hijackers (there were none) and that Saddam had something to do with the 9/11 attacks (I don't even think Bush's people have said that he did).

recent poll said 50% of americans believed the latter.....

Its not my fault, Muffy, that you can't see the difference between a bunch of environmental activists who go beserk over the cutting of a tree in downtown Eugene and a broad coaliation of churches, various political groups, and even some veterans' organizations.

Another recent poll said over 50% believed the former.

recent poll said 50% of americans believed the latter.....

yes but whos poll? come on now.... lts be a little skeptical wink.gif I do not personali know any one who believes that. I am not saying there is no way it could be true... lets face it, ANYTHING is possible laugh.gif

yes but whos poll? come on now.... lts be a little skeptical I do not personali know any one who believes that. I am not saying there is no way it could be true... lets face it, ANYTHING is possible

Good point, Muffy. I should perhaps take such polls with a grain of salt. But allowing for some error in the analysis, it still amazes me that ANYBODY could believe those things. You may think it it time to go into Iraq, but how could you think Iraq was responsible for 9/11 if you have been reading the newspapers - even the most conservative ones - for the last two years?

Apparently, we here on the West coast are living in an isolated enclave. Some guy on NPR was saying just yesterday that opinions in the hinterlands and even in the socially liberal Northeast are very different from those held on the West Coast when it comes to this war.

Its not my fault, Muffy, that you can't see the difference between a bunch of environmental activists who go beserk over the cutting of a tree in downtown Eugene and a broad coaliation of churches, various political groups, and even some veterans' organizations.

I am sure seatle is verry differnt than eugene. Here it seems to be the SAME people who put together, thease type of things. mAtt you are boring me buddy. No offense, but you can not convince me that a large emotional group of people is a safe place to be. Fanatics are fanatics weather they say they are from a church or not.

yes but whos poll? come on now.... lts be a little skeptical I do not personali know any one who believes that. I am not saying there is no way it could be true... lets face it, ANYTHING is possible

Good point, Muffy. I should perhaps take such polls with a grain of salt. But allowing for some error in the analysis, it still amazes me that ANYBODY could believe those things. You may think it it time to go into Iraq, but how could you think Iraq was responsible for 9/11 if you have been reading the newspapers - even the most conservative ones - for the last two years?

Apparently, we here on the West coast are living in an isolated enclave. Some guy on NPR was saying just yesterday that opinions in the hinterlands and even in the socially liberal Northeast are very different from those held on the West Coast when it comes to this war.

I agree matt. It amazes me as well. I am not pro war. I am just not pro peace at any cost.

I am sure seatle is verry differnt than eugene. Here it seems to be the SAME people who put together, thease type of things. mAtt you are boring me buddy. No offense, but you can not convince me that a large emotional group of people is a safe place to be. Fanatics are fanatics weather they say they are from a church or not.

Muffy, I am hurt that you would say I am boring you. You are right that a large group of emotional fanatics is not safe, but most of the poeple who have attended peace marches at any time since the Vietnam era have not been in any kind of emotionally charged state. It is fair enough to express your concerns and I wouldn't expect you to want to be some place where you might feel at risk, but I was responding to the statement that "peace marches often turn violent" and I believe that is completely untrue.

Muffy, I am hurt that you would say I am boring you. You are right that a large group of emotional fanatics is not safe, but most of the poeple who have attended peace marches at any time since the Vietnam era have not been in any kind of emotionally charged state. It is fair enough to express your concerns and I wouldn't expect you to want to be some place where you might feel at risk, but I was responding to the statement that "peace marches often turn violent" and I believe that is completely untrue.

I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. And I don't think I said that peac rally turn to violence, I think Greg did. I was just sort of agreeing with him. lets face it... people are nuts, they Riot over things like football shocked.gif totaly blows my mind.