Peace March Saturday

PullinFool

Starting at 11:30, I have heard, at the Seattle Center Fountain, going to INS via Federal building... No peacenik myself, this feels like a good cause.

P.S. I heard they declined the New York permit for this due to "fear of terrorism". The restriction sounds terror enough. shocked.gif

Whoops, sorry! Didn't check the posts. my bad - that why I still a gumby...

Edited by PullinFool

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm betting that if it goes off, it won't be peaceful and not too many people will actually march. A bunch of morons who mistakenly believe that it is their 'right' to clog streets without consequences will make trouble and then blame it on the cops. For those of you that get gassed or clubbed, you probably deserved it. Trask and I will be there selling Tom Daschle voodoo dolls and fake patchouli oil.

Ah, yes, the beautiful right-wing sentiment that property and the right to shop are worth far more than human life. Keep up the good work for your corporate masters, boys; they'll see that you have a comfortable generic box in suburbia within driving distance of a shopping center, and all the genetically-engineered, artificially-preserved food you can cram down your paranoid little throats.

I'm betting that if it goes off, it won't be peaceful and not too many people will actually march. A bunch of morons who mistakenly believe that it is their 'right' to clog streets without consequences will make trouble and then blame it on the cops. For those of you that get gassed or clubbed, you probably deserved it. Trask and I will be there selling Tom Daschle voodoo dolls and fake patchouli oil.

The truth is that anyone with a personal opinion that differs from that of Greg_W is a moron. To believe in freedom, and the right to gather peacefully is a mistaken belief, and to think otherwise will result in physical violence (and that violence is deserved). And in keeping with the time honored and rewarded value of deceit, you would intentionally take advantage of people by selling snake oil.

The truth is that anyone with a personal opinion that differs from that of Greg_W is a moron. To believe in freedom, and the right to gather peacefully is a mistaken belief, and to think otherwise will result in physical violence (and that violence is deserved). And in keeping with the time honored and rewarded value of deceit, you would intentionally take advantage of people by selling snake oil.

If they want to protest go do it in some public park and out of the streets.

Let the clubbing begin boxing_smiley.gif

Cracked-

When was the last time that a peace march in Seattle, or anywhere in the U.S. for that matter, turned violent? And when was the time before that?

All the peace marchers should just fly into Iraq to become Human Shields. evils3d.gif Maybe Saddam will issue them bullseye shirts when they arrive. wave.gif

Yeah, 'cause peace is a stupid and worthless ideal, and the only way to solve problems is by laying waste to human lives and tearing countries apart. God forbid that humans would have figured out how to be civilized by now.

I agree, in this case anyway. Stopping the traffic is a way to get a lot of attention to causes that noone knows much about (gets on the news where it wouldn't otherwise). For this situation, everyone already knows what's going on, unless they live in a hole or something. This cause is guaranteed to get airplay and a march that does not inconvenience commuters will still demonstrate the numbers that are against the war. So there does not seem to be a reason or need to stop traffic.

That said, they (we?) are NOT trying to stop traffic right? The march is on a Saturday and travels through an area gridded with parallel streets. No problems.

Cracked-

When was the last time that a peace march in Seattle, or anywhere in the U.S. for that matter, turned violent? And when was the time before that?

Kent State? I was reminded of that one when someone posted some stupid bolting joke using a picture of one the dead at Kent state.

Cracked-

All the peace marchers should just fly into Iraq to become Human Shields. evils3d.gif Maybe Saddam will issue them bullseye shirts when they arrive. wave.gif

Yeah, 'cause peace is a stupid and worthless ideal, and the only way to solve problems is by laying waste to human lives and tearing countries apart. God forbid that humans would have figured out how to be civilized by now.

Exactly. I am surprised you are still here. grin.gifthe_finger.gifboxing_smiley.gif

I agree, in this case anyway. Stopping the traffic is a way to get a lot of attention to causes that noone knows much about (gets on the news where it wouldn't otherwise). For this situation, everyone already knows what's going on, unless they live in a hole or something. This cause is guaranteed to get airplay and a march that does not inconvenience commuters will still demonstrate the numbers that are against the war. So there does not seem to be a reason or need to stop traffic.

That said, they (we?) are NOT trying to stop traffic right? The march is on a Saturday and travels through an area gridded with parallel streets. No problems.

Fuckin up city traffic should almost never be an option. Go stand with pickets on the sidewalk for all I care. Just stay out of the streets. Shit there was a protest on the streets months ago. They created some unnecessary traffic issues.

Everyone already knows about the issue.

Fuckin up city traffic should almost never be an option. Go stand with pickets on the sidewalk for all I care. Just stay out of the streets. Shit there was a protest on the streets months ago. They created some unnecessary traffic issues.

Agreed. People have the right to exercise their personal freedom, but it shouldn't interfere with the personal freedom of others.