Wanted: Mountain Magazine back issues

bargainhunter

Anyone have old issues of the late great Mountain Magazine from the UK that are collecting dust? You know, the Brit magazine with just the issue number on the cover over a stunning picture of climbing grandeur? The source of many dreams, including the pic that inspired the OG Latok 1 team ((Donini, Kennedy, Lowe x2)  to get after it? I have a few but am hoping to add to my collection and take a trip down nostalgia lane. Donations would be GREATLY appreciated but I will pay bottom dollar (below Chessler's value) if you are reluctant to depart with your set, so let me know what you feel your collection is worth and I'll give it consideration. Thank you!

Edited by bargainhunter

Thanks for replying. I have a few dozen scattered issues that I’ve inherited for free from various people downsizing, but was dismayed to find out that many of them have the “centerfold” removed with the adjacent articles also gone (usually the main feature article). Bummer. I too have back issues of Climbing, Rock and Ice, and Alpinist, and can probably swing a trade if you need particular issues of those.

Edited by bargainhunter

• 1 year later...
On 2/15/2022 at 1:04 PM, Kletterhund said:

I had the entire collection - including the holy #1...

Had some flood damage and lost a bunch of the older ones - including the very earliest.

Anyways, I have quite a few doubles I am still sorting through. I will let you know when I know what I have to give, sell, or trade...

Have you sorted out your duplicates?  I’m looking for some specific issues 

• 2 weeks later...