Happy Holidays and New Year

olyclimber

Hey there I just put a little lipstick on this pig and moved a few things around.  The site has some bigger issues, but I need @jon to help me with some of them...I just don't even have access/rights to a few things that need fixing.  If you know him and love him :ghey: like I do, I think it would help to reach out to him personally and let him know you still love this place :poke: .   I know Jon still does too, but life is pretty crazy and can send you off different directions and cliffs...I know he has his hands full, but any psych we can send his direction will help I'm sure.  But please send him some love, I know that dude loves attention!  :laf:

To me this place represents a lot of things, but most important to me is that it is a site/community that is not trying to suckle every last bit of personal information off you.  It is free, and you are actually not the product.  This place is like the early days of the internet,   which has now become a weird and terrible place in my opinion (the internet, cc.com was always weird, and sometimes terrible, but in a lovable way.).  This place is a throw back to the exciting times of possibility,  before the corporations and criminals took it over.  So as the arc of time passes, and social media sites rise and fall, I don't know what the future holds...but it has always been my goal to keep the  lights on with this site.  They are still on.  And whilw there are less visitors than in the past (and i'm not counting the bots, nor Dru's or his 50 avatars), we still have high quality trip reports rolling in, people finding climbing partners, and great info being shared.

So a huge thank you to those continuing to contribute to the site.  We have had  some big ballers roll through here, and we still do...and they definitely inspire.  But also just the modest and "average" TRs are also awesome.  The ones that make you think "I need to go check that out".  

I would love to get this site tuned up and upgraded and off of shit lists.  I don't use Facebook myself, but if you want to share there you should be able to.  Keep things simple and running and continue to be a safe place on the Internet way from the data gathering monsters.  I think if we can do that, this site will thrive off that alone.  I think at some point adding back to local shop advertising to help pay for the servers and forum software, but that is it.

I hope you're missing this virus, and if you're not, that you recover quickly. Happy Holiday's and New year.  

5193E3CA-35DC-45C4-A46B-413C057EA95F.jpeg.af8a1f8d3b39227bf319f081a07da917.jpeg

/p.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, manninjo said:

Hear, hear! Always appreciate having the site available for research, stoke, and more. Thanks @olyclimber and @jon! Dig the updated header / logo on the site too!

image.png.155448cc5ff601f7319fbeb0bcfb0630.png

Thank you that was a collaboration between me and my son!  I think it the first time we ever did something like that...he is 20 and in college and officially does some things better than ole dad now.

22 minutes ago, JasonG said:

Thanks @olyclimber ! I have ditched all anti-social media so this is it for me.  Till death due us part. I've been here since the first few weeks and I will remain until the end (hopefully my demise and not the site's). I'll reach out to @jon  And give him a nudge.... thanks again for all you guys do!

Thank you @JasonG  we are all lucky to have you here, an incredible blend of alpine prowess and photography that has yet to fail to inspire me.  I'm down to Instagram, so I can keep tabs on my son and his friends.  But next year my goal to spend more of my "social media" energy here, making this site more useful.

• Like 1

CC is looking quite dapper!

This site is a rare gem. Endless depths of stoke, comedy, beta, incredible (and otherwise unpublished) photography, world class TR’s; there is so much of value here.

To me and my partners and friends, this is the place where so much of the historical record of the last two decades of regional climbing lives—and in the glory of its full context: flames, bruises, smart-assery, warts and all.

Sincere thanks to all involved for the hard work you do to make and keep this place. Fuck the socials. Long live CC!

• Like 1

I appreciate a lot of things here, have for many years, but the decline of user activity has been depressing. I would post TRs here if I could share them to FB, but when I try I get the message below. That means I'm only writing a TR for the few of you who actually show up here. If you fix this I would write TRs. Got a few good ones in mind, like a spire in the Grand Canyon...

Anyway, thanks @olyclimberfor keeping the lights on. We should do a pub club once this damn pandemic thing will subside a bit. First round is on me.

Cheers,

Rad

This URL goes against our Community Standards on spam:
  • cascadeclimbers.com
To protect people on Facebook from spam, we don't allow content that contains such URLs.

1 hour ago, Rad said:

I appreciate a lot of things here, have for many years, but the decline of user activity has been depressing. I would post TRs here if I could share them to FB, but when I try I get the message below. That means I'm only writing a TR for the few of you who actually show up here. If you fix this I would write TRs. Got a few good ones in mind, like a spire in the Grand Canyon...

Anyway, thanks @olyclimberfor keeping the lights on. We should do a pub club once this damn pandemic thing will subside a bit. First round is on me.

Cheers,

Rad

This URL goes against our Community Standards on spam:
  • cascadeclimbers.com
To protect people on Facebook from spam, we don't allow content that contains such URLs.

Yeah I know I need @jon to help with that one as I mention above. We need to send Matt Foley, Motivational Speaker, to Jon’s house.  I just don’t have the access to fix it.