Action Against a War

sexual_chocolate

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a bunch of dinosaures!

if you have not noted, it's not the 'world according to Seattle' but the world according to itself. Your warmongering point of view does not have any credibility on the world stage (yeah, we know, you don't care about the world ... so, don't pretend you do).

I don't normally take pot shots.... but...

Dwayner, you are the most despicable cynic I've ever had the misfortune of encountering. Please seek counseling and salvage the twilight years of your festering life before it's too late.

dude....you haven't encountered me. you've met an opinion that you don't like. it's an opinion that's not fun but it's quite realistic. if you knew me you might be more careful before jumping to assumptions and using words like "despicable". it's wonderful that we live in a country where we can protest without too much fear, but guess what....a lot of protests are ineffectual and sway few. if the point of protest is to make a point and effect change, pay attention to what I wrote. those silly forms of protest are generally unconvincing but they do get attention, but probably not the kind you ultimately desire. in the end, you can bet that there are far more people thinking these antics are more comical than otherwise. the goal should be to get attention, make your point, and command respect so that your point will be at least considered by thoughtful others, perhaps enough to sway some to your view, and not be dismissed as insincere by the likes of me and many others.

Your knee-jerk and ignorant comment about counseling and my "festering life" suggests that despite what appears to be a liberal slant, you are actually quite close-minded, and unreceptive to criticism. take a look at yourself, friend.

shalom,

- Dwayner

J_B,

...oh... that's right. I forgot about San Francisco, France and Deutchland. The latter two now united by their hatred of Jews.

what about UK, Australia, NZ, Danmark, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Czech Rep, Poland......

These days, the lefties only count France, Germany, and Belgium as "Europe". The other 19 euro nations that stand with the US are conveniently overlooked when the subject comes up.

Dawyner and I might never agree on sport-climbing, but his take on many other things is right on, especially when it comes to the utterly innefectual and nauseatingly self-rightous grandstanding that masquerades as constructive political action at such rallies these days.

Anyone who really expected the populace to take their message seriously would do well to formulate serious policy alternatives to war in Iraq, articulate them forcefully, avoid ludicrous oversimplifications "No Blood for Oil" and summon up the discipline necessary keep their movement focused and on message.

Jesus *&$#ing Christ, what's next "Twister for Peace?" Please.

I'm sick of hippies. Cut your hair, stop smoking weed, then tell me your opinion. The very financial aid you buy your pot with is there from the blood of others. Deal with it! There are some good points against the war, but the big idea to look at is this: Why is Saddam not at the UN making his case? Because he has no case! He's guilty, else he'd be out there!

I hate George W. Bush myself. He's a stupid idiot for the most part, and his environmental policies suck. However, at first I thought he was being completely irrational for being so gung-ho for the war, but I think I learned something throughout it all. HE may not be for it himself, but if he budged even one bit, Saddam wouldn't take us seriously. We have to act like firm. Also that world community stuff is crap. I've travelled all over the world, more so that most of the hippies out there. The world doesn't like our bullying, true, but on the other hand, without us, this place would be controlled by Saddam's and Hitlers. Why are people in record numbers still trying to immigrate here?

You idealistic hippies would get a lot more accomplished for your cause with a law degree and a suit. But I guess thats too much work, isn't it?

The last thing I want is war, but ignorance and self-indulgence sickens me.

Sexual Chocolate, Dr Flash, J_B (not to be confused with "JayB"),Matt Heller, and E-Rock.....

These folks represent the world according to Seattle!

Dwayner=a voice of reason in a sea of blame US first whiners.

Yeah Fairweather and you represent the voice of the slack jawed motherfucker

Seriously your too much in favor of war. I don't plan on marching for peace, but like a lot of people I have mixed feelings about war with Iraq. We aren't going to war with North Korea, but they could hit Fircrest with a nuclear missile.

J_B,

...oh... that's right. I forgot about San Francisco, France and Deutchland. The latter two now united by their hatred of Jews.

what about UK, Australia, NZ, Danmark, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Czech Rep, Poland......

These days, the lefties only count France, Germany, and Belgium as "Europe". The other 19 euro nations that stand with the US are conveniently overlooked when the subject comes up.

All of the countries with published opinion polls, show an immense majority of the people against war (70-80%) with or without UN sanctions. This of course include most of the countries in your list (turkey, UK, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Australia, etc ...). As a matter of fact, I'd venture to say that some of the local politicians are in deep trouble for misrepresenting their people. You seem very poorly informed for being as vocal as you are.

"10 million join world protest rallies

From Africa to Antarctica, people prepare to march for peace

John Vidal

Thursday February 13, 2003

The Guardian

Up to 10 million people on five continents are expected to demonstrate against the probable war in Iraq on Saturday, in some of the largest peace marches ever known.

Yesterday, up to 400 cities in 60 countries, from Antarctica to Pacific islands, confirmed that peace rallies, vigils and marches would take place. Of all major countries, only China is absent from the growing list which includes more than 300 cities in Europe and north America, 50 in Asia and Latin America, 10 in Africa and 20 in Australia and Oceania. "

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,894449,00.html

Dawyner and I might never agree on sport-climbing, but his take on many other things is right on, especially when it comes to the utterly innefectual and nauseatingly self-rightous grandstanding that masquerades as constructive political action at such rallies these days.

Anyone who really expected the populace to take their message seriously would do well to formulate serious policy alternatives to war in Iraq, articulate them forcefully, avoid ludicrous oversimplifications "No Blood for Oil" and summon up the discipline necessary keep their movement focused and on message.

Jesus *&$#ing Christ, what's next "Twister for Peace?" Please.

I have to agree, The best thing you can do with your presence is to be mature and informed, or else stay home and watch it on TV

"Up to 10 million people on five continents are expected to demonstrate against the probable war in Iraq on Saturday, in some of the largest peace marches ever known."

Let's say we got one giant protest street puppet for every 500 people.....that's like 20,000....that's a lot of giant protest puppets! And about 300,000 people dressed like this:

SOAfuneral.jpg

Yawn!

"Yesterday, up to 400 cities in 60 countries, from Antarctica to Pacific islands, confirmed that peace rallies, vigils and marches would take place."

I'm curious about which city will be protesting in the country of Antarctica.

"

"Yesterday, up to 400 cities in 60 countries, from Antarctica to Pacific islands, confirmed that peace rallies, vigils and marches would take place."

I'm curious about which city will be protesting in the country of Antarctica.

Dude, its the penguins in antarctica. they're taking time off from seal blowing.