PHOTO OF THE DAY!

JasonG

Sluiskin was my first significant solo when I was 14 or 15 years old.  Mom dropped me off at trailhead and went hiking with Mountaineers to whatever lake is up the carbon river.   Rocked out to a cassette player on the hike.  I climbed up and down past a roped up party who sternly admonished me.  Everyone must have thought we were crazy.   I miss those days, when the mountains were new and wonderful, so much.

Edited by dberdinka
  • Rawk on! 1

This is so great @dberdinka and so unexpected!  I can see it!!  I hear you about the wonder of those first trips.  For me, I still get a little bit of that old excitement going to new places with good friends.  But I know what you mean, we aren't young any more.....

Remind me to tell you the story about getting our permit for this trip.  It is one of the most entertaining exchanges I've ever had with the NPS......

On 1/16/2022 at 7:35 PM, Phil K said:

Is that N Hozomeen from Ross Lake via the Skyline Trail?

I believe it is Hozomeen SW and Lake from somewhere unpleasant, with Jack and the Nohokomeen Glacier barely visible through the smoke.  One of the views from a minor epic fail among the Hozomeens: http://www.drdirtbag.com/2017/08/04/hozomeen-the-hard-way-sw-and-n-peaks/