• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Reyna27

Looking for private climbing training

New to the PNW and I’m wanting to learn alpine/ice/mountaineering. All courses by guiding companies are held during May-August probably due to risk. I’m looking for an experienced climber in those categories to teach me the ropes starting in October and work the way through higher during winter. I’ll pay for your time of course. Any help would be appreciated! 

7 hours ago, Reyna27 said:

All courses by guiding companies are held during May-August probably due to risk.

No, mostly due to the fact that alpine/ice/mountaineering is far more enjoyable to teach (and be taught) during these months.  You'll soon see why, but hiking during the Nov-April time frame should help with your appreciation for what the winter months bring to the mountains around here.

they may not run courses in the more unpredictable weather months, one can still hire private one on one guiding through those same companies.   gonna be expensive though. 

Just go ahead and contact a reputable AMGA guide, like Martin Volken in North Bend, and see what he has to say.

Pro guiding service

On 9/23/2021 at 8:14 AM, Rad said:

see what he has to say.

"Let's go skiing!"