• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
tanstaafl

Marblemount Permit Wait Times

Anyone tried to get a permit on a Friday at Marblemount lately?  I've heard horror stories about waiting for hours and still not getting a permit because the WIC closed before you could get to the front of the line.  I'm not worried about the permit availability, only trying to figure out how early I need to be at the ranger station the day before my trip starts in order to get a permit.

Idk about a Friday. A couple Tuesdays ago I was there, we arrived at 6:55 and waited an hour and 15 minutes to talk to the ranger and get the permit. I think two or three groups had gotten tickets the night previous and several more had gotten there 10 minutes before us. Maybe you can extrapolate from that, hope it helps...

There needs to be some sort of self issuing capability for X Country Zone Permits.  So we don't have to wait for the rangers to be freed of all the damned questions the touristas ask.

• Snaffled 1

I've started a new thread with the same question. I'm a bit concerned about the trails - I'm just interested in hiking with the kids to an old location near the river - and I'm really concerned about the long lines at WIC in Marble Mount. Even though it was July 3, I noticed someone in the WTA write about a best article writing agency three-hour wait (probably the busiest day of the year so far). We'll be departing on Friday. Has anyone gone yet?

I went on a Friday evening once, arriving at 2:45 pm and had a permit by 3:30.  It's busy in the afternoon too, unfortunately

We got our permit in under an hour I think on a Friday afternoon; we must have showed up around 2:30 or a little after.  So that honestly doesn't seem longer than I remember it often taking years ago.