Marblemount Permit Wait Times

tanstaafl

Anyone tried to get a permit on a Friday at Marblemount lately?  I've heard horror stories about waiting for hours and still not getting a permit because the WIC closed before you could get to the front of the line.  I'm not worried about the permit availability, only trying to figure out how early I need to be at the ranger station the day before my trip starts in order to get a permit.

• 2 weeks later...

Idk about a Friday. A couple Tuesdays ago I was there, we arrived at 6:55 and waited an hour and 15 minutes to talk to the ranger and get the permit. I think two or three groups had gotten tickets the night previous and several more had gotten there 10 minutes before us. Maybe you can extrapolate from that, hope it helps...

I've started a new thread with the same question. I'm a bit concerned about the trails - I'm just interested in hiking with the kids to an old location near the river - and I'm really concerned about the long lines at WIC in Marble Mount. Even though it was July 3, I noticed someone in the WTA write about a best article writing agency three-hour wait (probably the busiest day of the year so far). We'll be departing on Friday. Has anyone gone yet?