Want to help a climber from France around Seattle?

obsydian

Received this e-mail:

------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:04:03 +0100

Subject: contact

Hello, my name is Richard Fournier, I'm 32 years old and I'm living in France near Lyon.

I would like to spend 2 weeks in Washington state at end of june, to visit Seatlle and to climb Mount Rainier. But I have no contact and noone I know in Seatlle.

So I'm looking for someone who can receive me and guide me for the first days, to find transport, a camping and the way to go to Mount Rainier National Park, and next to Seatlle.

Can you help me ?

I hope soon because I have to reserve a fly from Paris to Seattle.

Thank you very much for your help !

R Fournier

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you are interested in making contact, send an e-mail. Maybe he'll reciprocate when you travel to Europe. I don't know anything about this person, just passing on the request.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard Fournier replied today.

He says that he has summited a glaciated peak of 6310 m in Ecuador, even though he doesn't consider himself to be an experienced climber. He wishes to take one of the easier routes up Mt. Rainier. The high altitude he expects will be hard but he is in good physical condition.

His schedule has not been established yet. He is still looking for a flight on Air France where he can use his frequent flyer miles. Next, he requires an inexpensive place to stay in the Seattle area.

Does anyone have an extra room they would like to let cheap for a couple weeks?

• 2 weeks later...

He called me and will be here late may/ early june . more to come as the dates get closer rolleyes.gif If they don;t start supporting us I will withdraw the offer .Damn arrogant ingrates they are as bad as some of you over liberal anything to be in for a popular cause tree huggin fags etc etc etc.

Edited by Dan_Larson

• 1 month later...

I just got an e-mail from Richard. He is definitely coming. He still needs a room to rent. At least a couple of you have mentioned you had rooms to let for a couple weeks. Please contact him so he can make his final arrangements: richard.fournier@generale-des-eaux.net

He is still looking for a group to join. I'd take him up, but I have commitments already that week.

Brian,

I just emailed him. I should be able to hook him up. Just hope he's a cool dude and doesn't walk around everywhere in pink spandex shorts. Maybe he's the French Spiderman dude that climbs buildings. The Space Needle could be his next target?

catbirdseat said:

Trask, you typify the "Ugly American". We should welcome foreign visitors and show them that Americans are friendly and kind.

Except for canadians. That country was started by Royalist Americans who didn't have the foresight to sign on to the A Team.

BTW, as for the French, there wouldn't be a USA without them. Their money, Navy, and Lavoisier's gunpowder saved the rebels.

Edited by A7U