Alpine BUCKS

gavinj4

I'm here to see where climbers have seen deer in the high country of the Cascades. As a climber first and only recently a hunter, I realized that climbers spend way more time in the high country than hunters do, allowing for more opportunities to see deer on their summer range. 

So, if you're willing to share any alpine areas where you've seen good deer numbers (not just bucks) I'm all ears! This info will inform my scouting trips for future high country hunts, so if you're not into hunting then maybe don't share. Just want to be transparent.  

1 hour ago, DPS said:

Now that you mention it I don't recall seeing many, if any, deer in the high country. 

Doesn't surprise me too much. Deer densities at upper elevations aren't very high and they blend in well in such a large landscape. Without binoculars and some intentional looking it would be a happenstance sort of thing.  

Years ago I had a few does around camp up in Leroy Basin below Seven Fingered Jack and Mt. Maude, but that's all I've stumbled upon. And a lot of sign in the Lake Chelan Sawtooth's.  

• 5 weeks later...