Warm Temps on Shuksan?

KaiLarson

I'm looking at a climb of Shuksan (Fisher Chimneys) in a couple of weeks.  

Decided to check on the weather to get a feel for what conditions might be like.  

The Mountain Weather page puts the overnight low on Shuksan's summit at 48 degrees tonight, with an overnight low on Friday of 70 degrees.

https://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/Mount-Shuksan/forecasts/2782

Is this for real?  

Are these temperatures freakishly high or do I just have unrealistic ideas about normal summer temps in the Cascades?  (I've only done a few climbs in the Cascades, so I don't have a large experience pool to compare with.)  

If it's really this hot, what's the heat going to do to climbing conditions?  (I always get nervous about crossing snow covered glaciers in warm temps.)  

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

bridges should be thick enough that the shallow portions that are warmed will not affect the strength of bridge.  now bridges you can see, those would be sketch in the heat.

as far as wet sloppy avi slides, I would think that hells highway is the only portion that would be of concern.  maybe winnies slide.  if you go early enough, then it should not be a problem.  like before 2pm

70F is pretty warm for summit temp but a 60F is not unheard of.  Wonder if that forecast is for while we are in this heat wave and could return to norm in a week.