New sport climbing (5.0 to 5.10d) guidebook now available covering Washington State, it's neighbors (and some other fun places)

I ran a kickstarter that was a roaring success (thanks for the amazing support and also the nice words privately messaged and emailed from so many).

I made some of the requested changes regarding areas under development, had fun talking about it on the Becoming Human podcast, shipped copies to all the backers and now the book (drum roll) is available to all while stocks last, so if you fancy checking an utter ton of moderate friendly info on sport crags here, near here, and worth taking a trip to over there, well snag your copy via… 

https://letsrockwa.wordpress.com/

• GPS for parking, camping, and the crag.
  • Beta, grades, and bolt counts. 
  • Big friendly pictures from the base of climbs.
  • Advice on areas that are crumbly or hazardous, those with access problems and those that are easy to find but are still under development and should be avoided for now.
  • Magazine sized and spiral bound for ease of use at the crag and also so you can have it rebound into smaller chapters if you fancy

With some areas of Washington being a four+ hour drive away, well Oregon and Squamish and Idaho are the same driving distance, so I chucked those in, and well, Vegas, Utah and California are just a quick plane hop away, so why not. And well, there were some other spots that we visited that were worth covering just because they were quite splendid. Here's the chapter guides so you know what's covered...

218815.jpg

218814.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the geographic spread of routes is rather unusual but I am an older guy so I may be missing something and afraid of change.

I think a interesting guidebook, especially for beginners would be a comprehensive listing/description of routes that are easy to setup TR's on.  All casual walk around to tops!

6 hours ago, genepires said:

the geographic spread of routes is rather unusual but I am an older guy so I may be missing something and afraid of change.

I think a interesting guidebook, especially for beginners would be a comprehensive listing/description of routes that are easy to setup TR's on.  All casual walk around to tops!

It's kind of a hybrid between guidebook and journal. It's everywhere we've explored and climbed seeking moderate routes over the last eight years. It did indeed start out as a top rope endeavor because I couldn't lead :), but then I committed to it and expanded the range.