• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
tjstone

How likely are you to support local businesses after climbing?

Hi there! I am looking into the positive impacts that the rock climbing community has on local communities, specifically its impact on local businesses. How likely are you to go out to a local restaurant, brewery, or cafe after climbing? How many people are typically in your party? Is this an important part of the experience for you or something that you would skip without much thought?

I always enjoy stopping for coffee/breakfast before and a celebratory dinner at local spots when going on climbs. It's a luxury I appreciate, especially when the cafe/restaurant feels welcoming and community-oriented. At the same time I skip it without much thought if timing is an issue, i.e. leaving early or getting back late. Usually 1-2 people but sometimes more if bouldering.

• Thanks 1

Absolutely, often stop for a snack on the way or a beer/meal afterwards.  Covid messed with that a bit but it’ll come back.  You should set up a survey if you are looking for more data.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I really enjoy being at a restaurant or bar but while climbing I shop at a fresh food market and cook a lot. Also, I’m an economic person. I can’t find a reason to purchase a product that’s more expensive when I could get something that’s similar in quality that’s cheaper.

My website

Edited by cowolter