Golden Cam Hook Award

DCramer

Jamie gets it! I know this site is more alpine oriented than rock but I am amazed that Jamie's feat generated so little in the way of comments. Climbing Artifice clean is hands down the most fully committed Cascade climbing I have read about on this board. I was so blown away that last night I dreamt that I was checking out the cam placements unroped high up on the route and then because they were so wild I had to scamper over to the bomber jams on City Park so I wouldn't fall off! (Hey it's a dream) For those who don't know Artifice starts up the Bat Skins "arch" just left of City Park. It soon breaks away from the arch a climbs straight up a crack/seam to an old two-bolt station and then follows an even thinner crack past a bolt and some fixed heads to a point where it ends. From there a swing is made to Bat Skins which is followed to a belay at a small ledge. The route continues on with easier climbing. Unless they have been replaced, the bolts would be hard pressed to hold a long fall. I'd bet my next paycheck that a fall from the tension traverse with only cam hooks and the odd fixed piece for protection would be a grounder. Did he even bring a hammer? Amazing! bigdrink.gif

I am going to have to pack a beer every time I go to Index just in case I run into him!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy Jamie

4 12%

Colin

5 16%

Polish Bob

0 0%

Ray Borbon

0 0%

Forrest Murphy

0 0%

Bryan Burdo

0 0%

Erik Kubiak

1 03%

G Spotter

0 0%

Scot'teryx

6 19%

Mike Gauthier

0 0%

Fred Beckey

4 12%

I dont have an opinion but I like to vote!

11 35%

Still Time To Vote!!!! snaf.gif