Ski partners!

Alisse

Hi!

I would love to find more potential partners for spring ski objectives and traverses in Washington, BC (hopefully within my lifetime...), California, and Alaska. I am planning to probably take April - June off work this coming spring and I'd love to find someone else with that kind of open availability. Ideally we maybe go on some fitness hikes and go ski some pow this winter together to figure out if we can stand each other/risk assessment/fitness/communication stuff. At least through the end of January, I will have normal weekends off.

I've been climbing for about ten years, skiing for about five years (36 months of TAY!), have followed maybe 40 pitches of ice and led a handful of easy ones, and I've taken the last two summers off work to pursue mountain things. I've taken AIARE 1, AIARE's avalanche rescue class (and I practice the skills!), and have an up to date WFR cert. I'm planning to take AIARE 2 (Rec) this winter. I've been known to surprise partners with backcountry beer. I hope to find people with a similar or greater level of experience who don't shy away from long approaches, carrying their skis, a little schwack, or spending the night out instead of doing something C2C for more time in the backcountry. I'm in Seattle.

Let me know if this sounds like you!

Aiisse

threesixO 224 778three

Edited by Alisse
  • Rawk on! 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

okay Alisse, I'll bite.   I've skied all over the western US, old enough to remember $5 all-day unrestricted tram ticket at Jackson Hole Teton Village.  ski- approach Denali twice in '80s, and twelve seasons pro patrol at Stevens Pass, Squaw Valley, and Mammoth Mountain.   I am infamous among my friends for liking bivouacs, and have skied  stuff that some people used to consider "extreme"  At age 68, I'm probably not the guy to do a long schwack and 5000' vertical in the same day.  But I'm a solid skier with 60 years on skis, and graduate of the old "National Avalanche School" = the grandaddy of all avalanche schools, from which the AIARE protocols were derived.  If you don't mind ski-mountaineering with someone old enough to be your dad, give me a shout.

-Haireball

• 1 month later...