• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Alisse

Ski partners!

Hi!

I would love to find more potential partners for spring ski objectives and traverses in Washington, BC (hopefully within my lifetime...), California, and Alaska. I am planning to probably take April - June off work this coming spring and I'd love to find someone else with that kind of open availability. Ideally we maybe go on some fitness hikes and go ski some pow this winter together to figure out if we can stand each other/risk assessment/fitness/communication stuff. At least through the end of January, I will have normal weekends off.

I've been climbing for about ten years, skiing for about five years (36 months of TAY!), have followed maybe 40 pitches of ice and led a handful of easy ones, and I've taken the last two summers off work to pursue mountain things. I've taken AIARE 1, AIARE's avalanche rescue class (and I practice the skills!), and have an up to date WFR cert. I'm planning to take AIARE 2 (Rec) this winter. I've been known to surprise partners with backcountry beer. I hope to find people with a similar or greater level of experience who don't shy away from long approaches, carrying their skis, a little schwack, or spending the night out instead of doing something C2C for more time in the backcountry. I'm in Seattle.

Let me know if this sounds like you!

Aiisse

threesixO 224 778three

Edited by Alisse
  • Rawk on! 1