Exit 38/Amazonia/Bobs Area

olyclimber

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sent my letter. I worked with Leland Windham and AlexK when Leland was developing Bob's Wall. We would go after work and Alex and I would climb the newly bolted routes while Leland cleaned new ones. The climbing there has a different quality, better rock, than the rest of Exit 38. It would be a shame to lose it. 

more info, & some conjecture, about this proposal.

the biennial wwrp budget was approved for $85 million as of 4/28/19. given the current situation, it might be considerably less in the next budget.

the parcel is currently owned by santana investments llc based in carnation, wa. the 2020 appraised value as forest land is $8745. granted, its value for scenic & recreational use exceeds that. source: https://blue.kingcounty.com/Assessor/eRealProperty/Detail.aspx?ParcelNbr=3223099013 

contrary to the access fund's info, there have not been any forest practices applications (accepted, denied, or withdrawn) for any land within sec32/t23/r9 within the last 10 years. source: https://fortress.wa.gov/dnr/protection/fparssearch/FPARResult.aspx?legal=23,,9,,E,32  i can think of only 3 ways to access the timber on this parcel: 1. reconstruct the road through the park from i-90 (dnr permit seems unlikely); 2. haul out via the cedar river watershed (more road reconstruction than option 1); or 3. helicoptor to a landing within the watershed and/or along i-90 (more permits and probably not economical at this time).

anyone know the asking price for this inholding?