FS: Italian Made Fabiano Midweight Hiking Boots - Men's 9 Narrow, Women's 10/10.5

normankirk

Fabiano has long been associated with Scarpa. According to commentary on Trailspace in March 2007:

"Fabiano started as an outgrowth of a shoe repair shop in Boston.  The founder was an Italian immigrant bootmaker. He designed a series of boots, mostly leather, that were fabricated to his specifications in Italy, by Scarpa."
Features:

A vintage pair of hiking boots with light use.

– Midweight boot with just a little flex by hand at the ball of the foot.

- 1 piece all leather suede upper with a glove leather lining. The uppers are without scratches, digs or wear and look in “mint” condition. They haven’t even been “Snow Sealed”.

– Littleway sole attachment with the heels glued and screwed from Scarpa.

- At the toe, the sole was slightly separated but felt solid. I couldn't pry it open further just with my hands. To be on the safe side and certain of longevity, taking direction from Steve Komito, local Estes Park, CO boot repairman and climbing shoe re-soler,  the tips of the soles have been glued and screwed. In the photo's, you will see that I decided not to wipe off the adhesive that was squeezed out as the screws were tightened. I feel that this further reinforces the repair. Adhesive was also applied to the screws to prevent loosening.

– Alps Fabiano Extra lug soles with possibly 75% remaining life. Boots may be resoled.

– The boots stitching and the lacing hooks are in excellent shape.

- The leather lined interior is not dried up and cracking.

- Weight is 3lbs 5oz a pair.

Asking $65.00 shipped. Paypal or Venmo means of payment.

159692.jpg

159694.jpg

159696.jpg

159698.jpg

159699.jpg

159695.jpg

159700.jpg

159701.jpg

159702.jpg

159703.jpg

Edited by normankirk
IN HOSPICE CARE