Beacon Rock Peregrines Fledging Question

elaine

Howdy!

Any Beacon regulars on this site been involved with Peregrine Falcon monitoring or aware of typical fledging times for the juveniles? Joseph Healy? I ask because I am trying to gather info from different climbing areas in an effort to present info to Clackamas County Parks RE: Madrone Wall and the development of a management plan. County Parks is pretty unaware as to what's happening with other land managers  and how they balance nesting raptors and climbing (or hiking). I have info for Smith Rocks (pretty liberal), and am working on Acker Rock and the Menagerie (OR), as well as Index. The Cape Horn Peregrines fledged on June 17, and ours at Madrone fledged June 14.

I did call BRSP earlier this week and Heath(?) told me that the juveniles fledge the 2nd week of July. I am somewhat dubious because fledging and lifting of closures do not mean the same thing, but I haven't been involved with monitoring at Beacon over the years to know when the juveniles typically make their first flight.

Thanks for any info!

Kellie

www.facebook.com/madronewall

Edited by elaine

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic