Hood South Side TRs

bedellympian

So this probably makes me sound like an elitist prick, but can we just ban S Side of Hood TRs?

I mean, seriously, I think there are enough now. If someone sees conditions that are irregular or parties dumb enough to still be long-lining they could just post a picture on the Climbers board or Ice Conditions thread? 

I get that people are proud of their first alpine climb, or whatever (and this is where I'm an elitist !#*%) but I think that maybe we could stop over-sharing and just text our close friends and family a summit-selfie. I bet they'd be proud...

*cringing in the fetal position under my work desk, awaiting the backlash* :crash:

• Smells bad 1

After long deliberation, we have come up with a solution:

DON'T CLICK ON THOSE TRs.

We want more TRs on this site, not less. Enthusiastic noobs are welcome and I think we shouldn't make them feel unimportant or small. Colin, Marc-Andre, Blake, and many others started out as enthusiastic noobs here. It was awesome to watch them develop into amazing and inspiring climbers.

Thanks for the soft ball. You can come out from under your desk now. :)

• Like 3

22 hours ago, JasonG said:

While we're at it, we should ban TRs from climbs that are too hard for most people. 

I don't like TRs that make me feel weak!

Yes, and we should ban TRs from people who carry SLRs into the back country with the express purpose of making my iphone 6S photos look like shite.

• Like 1
  • That's funny! 1

Thanks for putting my bull-kaka in perspective folks (and not ripping me too hard in the process).

To be fair, I really enjoy TRs about "easy" routes and people learning. I especially enjoyed MA and Collin's early TRs, but they were also on routes that had (and mostly still have) few TRs. I hope people continue to post TRs on a variety of routes, easy or otherwise. I just hope people get a little more adventurous and go do something other than the second most popular volcano route on the whole planet. Especially given the many great options we have here in the PNW.

Edited by bedellympian
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, nonbasketless said:

If a less experienced climber is excited about their accomplishment, they should be allowed to post it.

If you have a qualm with that, you should be allowed to talk shit in their threads.

talking shit on someone's accomplishment thread is a real dick move and better be prepared for talking shit on their talking shit.

Ah, the ever popular complaining about other people's TRs.  Same as it ever was.  Please refer to this classic trip report responding to a classic complaint about trip reports.  Then just go read everything else Uncle_Tricky ever wrote, it will keep you out of trouble and be a way more entertaining way to spend yer day than working.